Thread: Need a little advise on bits

1. Default Need a little advise on bits

Hi All,

I am going to carve this for a friend. However I am not sure what bit I should use? Also how do you know what the bits are as I don't see any markings? I believe I have been using the 1/16/ however I think I should use the 1/8. My bits are in green containers with numbers, 45714 and J004, does anyone know what bits these are? I am uploading a copy of my piece and would like to know if I should change anything? I really appreciate any help you can send my way. Thank you and have a Great Day.

Lori WellingtonAndrewsBaby.mpc

Lori,

The default bit for pattern type carvings like you have set up is always the 1/16" tapered ball nose carving bit. It can be seen in the "board settings"/"Pattern bit" settings. If a new pattern bit size is selected it will be for everything on the board that is considered a pattern/raster type carve. You can not specify different pattern bits for different design elements on the board.

As for your design I would remove the feathering on everything and lower the height to at least 100 or lower as 999 is way to high and may lead to chip out on the text.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lori.PNG  
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

3. Default

Hi,
    Thank you, that is what I needed to know, I will note the changes. I really appreciate your help. Thank you

Lori