Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the board sensor affected by cold?

The danger of not staying under the rollers then having the machine do cutting or carving within 3.5 inches of the end of the board is that while the board is only being held by one roller it can sag on the heavy end sticking out of the machine. When it does, it lifts the board at the BIT... So if you are carving you will see a line that carves deeper as the board was lifted into the bit. If you are doing a Cut Path then the lift can bind the 1/8 inch bit and snap it... Also while the board is lifted the BRASS ROLLER will loose contact with the board and the board will drive and offset your X Cutting.

MY Cure for FrugAL use of WOOD is to tape a 4 inch piece of scrap wood on the board and draw a 4 inch rectangle in Designer and keep your art out of the 4 inch scrap area. NOW the board will be held by BOTH Rollers and yet STILL Get to the end of the board.

The first picture was a 4 pass cut path where the board was being held by only 1 roller and offset every pass in X.

Other pictures are how I cheat to keep the board under both rollers. I also use masking tape on the bottom of the board.

If you have not joined... There are 2 Facebook Pages.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC07950_WEB.jpg   DSC07951_WEB.jpg   DSC09788_WEB.jpg   DSC00797_WEB.jpg  

DSC00793_WEB.jpg   B3.jpg   Buck1.jpg   DSC00924_WEB.jpg  

Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks for the work-around Al! I never thought of taping a scrap of wood on each end. Great idea. Never a shortage of wood scraps. Makes more sense than trying to do everything on a sled.
    I'm not a big Facebook guy, but the wife & I do have an account we share. I'll check it out. Thanks
    Dave

yesterday I even tried a carve with "don't stay under rollers" just to see how the machine reacts. I had the extra 7" on my board. The CW measured the board, asked me if I wanted to center to project on the board, and away it went. No fuss, no muss.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12