I went to carve a project this morning that requires a 26" x 11.25 x .750 board. On setup, the CV measured the board and said the board was 19.113 inches long. Now I watched the board scroll right from one end, to the other, and back. I know it saw the whole 26" inches. No error messages or anything. It just said board is 19.11 / 26 inches, press 1 to scale. Tried it a few times, same. Turned the board over a few ways so different edges would be on the brass roller, same. These boards are jointed and planed. Tried 2 different boards 26" inches long, they also measured 19.xxx" on the CV. No errors, no messages, just an incorrect reading. I've learned to hold the boards against the fence of my table saw to make sure they are straight & flat. These are all nice, straight boards.

It's a chilly morning in western Canada, about -36 degrees. My shop is sitting at approx. 54 degrees. Is that cold enough to affect the board sensor? Does that little o-ring get hard and start to slip? It's a new machine, so it has the rubber belts, not sandpaper. Do they slip when cold? The movement while measuring has always been very smooth. The board is not slipping on the belts.

Suggestions welcomed.