Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still having Upload & memory card Problems

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Still having Upload & memory card Problems

The card that came with my carvewright failed to read at about 98% on the first project I attempted. After that, it made it though 4 or 5 projects before becoming totally unreadable by either the machine or my computer.

I ordered 2 new memory cards, they came, but it's been very hit & miss as to whether they work or not. One pattern in particular I cannot upload no matter how many times I try or what I do. It's the Eagle Clock from the CV pattern depot. Other patterns are hit & miss as to whether they will complete loading or not. Sometimes, I get lucky.

I've been reading, I moved the card reader to a USB on the back of my computer, I got rid of my cordless mouse, made sure there was nothing running in the background, run as administrator, everything I could find mention of, I have tried.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is loading the software onto another computer so I can determine if my PC is at fault. It's Windows 10, Intel i5 7400, with 12GB memory, new in 2017.

I'm using a dust system, it is grounded to the structure and with an actual wire to the cravewright. I do not vacuum anything while the machine is on or while the card is installed. I've been very careful with how I handle the memory cards.

If anyone can think of anything else I can try, please let me know.
    Thank you

This is the message I get:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CV error writing to flash1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	226.0 KB 
ID:	88047

I also get this message on the screen where you load the firmware. Note it says "firmware bad"

Name:	CV firmare1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	229.2 KB 
ID:	88048

different project, same message. Projects get to about 75% uploaded and then stalls out & crash.

Name:	CV error writting to flash2.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	271.8 KB 
ID:	88049

Software is designer pro 3

The celebration was a short one. This morning on the first carve, the machine stopped again. "Flash un-readable (6) Please reformat flash and load project again". It had gotten to about 10% when it crashed, just far enough to mess up another piece of wood.

Since then I haven't been able to upload to any of my three cards. Same thing, they stall out in the high 70% range, then the upload crashes by 85%. And that's with not having a project open and making sure my firmware reads good before the upload. What I thought I learned yesterday was just a fluke.

Can I delete my designer pro 3 software and re-install it without causing problems with licencing & registration?

Yes you can delete and reinstall without loosing your settings.

You mentioned earlier about finding some bent pins, could that still be your issue?

You can recover a stopped carving by modifying your design. Draw a rectangle to cover about 95% of what had been carved. Make the rectangle a carve region and then set the depth of the region at zero 0. This will hide that portion of your design. Upload it to the card. At the machine once it starts to carve it will pause and dance around for a short while and then continue the carving process. Yes only works for carves that do not have vectors/centerline withing the area that will be hidden. You might need to fool the board sensor if the area that has been carved will be under the board sensor for the board measurement steps. You can either place masking tape across the width of the board and have it under the board sensor for measuring.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

reformat the card and reflash the firmware. do the through the flash manager
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    reformat the card and reflash the firmware. do the through the flash manager
    Normally, I have a project open when I format/reflash firmware. After seeing your message, I went in and formatted & downloaded new firmware without a project open. The firmware now reads a version number and not "bad". Part #1 of the "30's Radio Clock" loaded onto my third card without incident. As soon as part 2 finishes carving, I'll go see if the CW can read the card now.

I'm paying better attention to messages now. I had the two parts of a project (30's Radio Clock) loaded onto card #2. Carved both on MFD, everything went good. I put in a piece of birch, and selected part #1 of the two parts in the project. It wouldn't read. Message said - Object unreadable (60) Please ensure your Design software and machine firmware are compatible. Press any key to abort.

And it wouldn't abort with the keypad. I had to shut off the power switch to make it go away.

I got the pins on the reader fixed, that's not it anymore. I'm thinking the problem I'm having is too inconsistent and illogical to be a hardware issue. It's got to be software generated.

When I got the CV, I installed the basic "project designer" software first, before adding "Designer Pro 3". Should I have deleted project designer first before upgrading?
    I'm going to try blowing them both away and starting over.

I bought the scanning probe too, but I'm afraid to take it out of the box.

I run both versions on my lap top and no issues. I did find out that the last version installed is the default version when you try to open an existing project file.

I do not recall if this has been mentioned to you but,, if you have not, increase the rendering cache size up to about 256MB and turn off the file preview feature. Rendering cache is in the preference settings and file preview in the help tab.

It is often suggested that if issues can not be resolved to try the uninstall and re installation of the software.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

The CW machine read the card I just uploaded and that project is being cut right now. Sure be great if that's all it was.

back to reality now.......last project I was carving (part 2 of the 30's clock) broke a bit. The 1/8" cutting bit is no more. I'll have to order some.

The project got far enough along that I can save it with a bandsaw & router using the MDF parts I carved previously as a template. Is there any way to save a half carved project when you break a cutter?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast