Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Still having Upload & memory card Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln96 View Post
    Happy to report that I was able to fix the card reader.

Even happier to report that the project I could never load (Eagle Clock) has now been uploaded successfully! What did I learn? It seems that reformatting and downloading new firmware must be done without a project open in the program. Otherwise the firmware gets corrupted somehow. Does that make any sense at all?

And because I haven't been kicked in the groin enough yet today, I put the original "bad" card back in the reader, with the program running, and no project open, formatted, loaded new firmware, and now that card is working too.
    Sounds like success is happening! An extra card is handy. You can be designing and up loading while the machine is carving away.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

The celebration was a short one. This morning on the first carve, the machine stopped again. "Flash un-readable (6) Please reformat flash and load project again". It had gotten to about 10% when it crashed, just far enough to mess up another piece of wood.

Since then I haven't been able to upload to any of my three cards. Same thing, they stall out in the high 70% range, then the upload crashes by 85%. And that's with not having a project open and making sure my firmware reads good before the upload. What I thought I learned yesterday was just a fluke.

Can I delete my designer pro 3 software and re-install it without causing problems with licencing & registration?

Yes you can delete and reinstall without loosing your settings.

You mentioned earlier about finding some bent pins, could that still be your issue?

You can recover a stopped carving by modifying your design. Draw a rectangle to cover about 95% of what had been carved. Make the rectangle a carve region and then set the depth of the region at zero 0. This will hide that portion of your design. Upload it to the card. At the machine once it starts to carve it will pause and dance around for a short while and then continue the carving process. Yes only works for carves that do not have vectors/centerline withing the area that will be hidden. You might need to fool the board sensor if the area that has been carved will be under the board sensor for the board measurement steps. You can either place masking tape across the width of the board and have it under the board sensor for measuring.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I got the pins on the reader fixed, that's not it anymore. I'm thinking the problem I'm having is too inconsistent and illogical to be a hardware issue. It's got to be software generated.

When I got the CV, I installed the basic "project designer" software first, before adding "Designer Pro 3". Should I have deleted project designer first before upgrading?
    I'm going to try blowing them both away and starting over.

I bought the scanning probe too, but I'm afraid to take it out of the box.

I run both versions on my lap top and no issues. I did find out that the last version installed is the default version when you try to open an existing project file.

I do not recall if this has been mentioned to you but,, if you have not, increase the rendering cache size up to about 256MB and turn off the file preview feature. Rendering cache is in the preference settings and file preview in the help tab.

It is often suggested that if issues can not be resolved to try the uninstall and re installation of the software.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

I just did the rendering cash and turned off file preview. We'll see if that helps.
    Thank you

I got nowhere with it today at all. Deleted both programs, re-loaded Pro 3, it didn't help anything. Uploads get to 71%, stall out for about a minute, then suddenly jump to 74%, uploads crash as they hit 80%. All 3 flash cards do the same thing. I'm formatting and loading new firmware every time.

I loaded the program onto our laptop, and tried an upload. Exactly the same outcome. Stalls at 71%, crash & burn at 80%.

However I did notice an interesting message or two that I didn't see come up on my PC.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CV available licences.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	269.0 KB 
ID:	88063

And on my licence page, the designer pro software I bought is showing as an "upgrade" version.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CV Installed Licences.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	314.8 KB 
ID:	88064
    Does this have anything to do with my problem?

Where did you buy your machine and Designer PRO version?
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Where did you buy your machine and Designer PRO version?
    I ordered both from Rockler. The designer Pro 3 was part of the "Hobby Package".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast