Thread: Export object as PTN, and subtracting area from carve region

Default Export object as PTN, and subtracting area from carve region

Two not-obviously-related questions.
    1. Is there a way to export an object from Designer as a pattern (PTN) and then edit it with the pattern editor? Designer has some features that I really like (material selection, the 3D modeling tools) that the pattern editor does not have. The Pattern Editor is clearly designed to edit a pattern from either a scan or an image import.
    2. Is there a way to create a region (rectangle, say), have it as a carve region, perhaps with a material (stone, say), then have a subregion (a small rectangle inside the bigger rectangle) that I want to carve something else entirely, probably deeper than the original rectangle? Additive and subtractive settings only seem to work with patterns (hence the first question).

What I'm trying to do is model a stone wall, and insert a window or door in the middle, which will have its own depth and material. But Designer will always carve the highest (most proud) level, I can't see a way to carve a deeper region in the middle of another region, or to exclude a region in the middle of another carved region. If I could export the original object, I could maybe use Pattern Editor.

I looked as Aspire, which has lots of neat features, but it doesn't seem to have the 'material' settings.

Thanks for any suggestions or ideas.

OK, Ignore this, I just found the tutorial with the right info. I'd never used the 'Make Pattern' button or knew how to use it.
    Shoulda done a web search first. Or a better web search first.

Looks like I have what I want.
    -mw

Part 2. Select "stone wall" region and do Clip Carving - Exclusive.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!