Thread: Would like a little advise

1. Question Would like a little advise

Hi All,

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!! I am going to carve this for my husband and would like to know if it looks alright?, will it carve it as it is or do I need to modify? I would greatly appreciate any help you can send my way. As I always say I learn by doing so if I should change anything, please explain what it is.
    Thank you advance

LoriblackdogwellingtonEST.mpcwellingtonEST.mpcwellingtonEST.mpc

I changed a lot of things on this...

Removed all of the merged settings, set the depths of everything to the same level (.250), lowered the material height in the rectangle way down (25) so that it does not over ride the other items on the board, changed the heights on the 4 corner items, set bit optimization to best of everything, added small draft to all of the text.. It think that was about it... See attached project..
    Attached Files Attached Files
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

3. Default

Wow,
    you are good.....I understand about the background being lowered, so on the text you set t0 .250, I am not sure about the merged settings, what did you change the height to on the corner items? On the text you used small draft? what was the height. Like I said I learn by doing so I need to be able to follow what your did. Great Job and thank you so much. HAPPY NEW YEAR

Loriblackdog

You are welcome. You can view each items setting by selecting each in the "carving list". You open the carving list under the view tab and it is at the very bottom. The list will open up on the left side of the design page. When you set an item with the merge feature you are combining the 2 (or more) items together. So in your case you were getting the background added to each item you merged. Yes I set small draft on the text. this should help prevent chip out.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

5. Default

That was what I needed to learn, I did not know that about the merge feature. Also is the Font's I used ok? I tried to find clean fonts. I am getting better, I have just done my first board for someone and will post it soon. Again, Thank you so much

Lori

Your fonts looked just fine to me.. Looking forward to seeing what you did.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright