Thread: Software problems

Default Software problems

I bought a used Carverwright and purchased all of the software available. I regularly get system crashes and crazy slow performance. What should be my steps to fix this? I have more than an adequate system I am running it on- I also run 3D design programs on it without issue. Windows 10, Intel I5, 16G ram, advanced video card, etc.

For the small fortune I spend on the software there should be few issues but it is very unreliable and work is lost more than it is successfully saved for use. I've already reinstalled the software and made sure all of my system drivers are up to date.

Any advice is appreciated.

Sam

Some things to do to improve Designers performance,

In the preference settings increase the cache size to at least 256 mb

Turn off the "file preview" feature. It is listed under the help tab.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Windows 10 system should follow the CW instruction on installation. The first time I installed the software I just let it follow the defaults and had a lot of issues. Once I installed the software following the instructions I have had few issues, mostly over tasking the software (my fault). Look at: http://support.carvewright.com/carve...ation-windows/

Thank you. I did both of those but still have the same problem. For example this AM I have been attempting to import a stl file using the wizard (this takes 5 minutes to open if it does not crash while processing). If it loads I cannot use the rotate tool without serious lag. Then if I try to adjust the scale it stalls and crashes out. After 2 hours of trying and retrying I finally made it to the slice page where it stalled and crashed once again. I am no closer to running this carve than I was when I started.

You are having problems because the size of the stl file is slowing down designer. You can resize the stl file to make it work..

https://forum.carvewright.com/showth...sfS1lFbji4FotQ
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

What is the size of your stl file?

Designer does not like stl files larger than 100mb. If its under that size then it should not be taking so long.

Most of my STL crashes are exactly the issue of being too big. The second issue is that sometimes there is some color in the file. I use MeshLab for both of these potential problems. I finally created a spreadsheet to do the math for me when using MeshLab and large files. So many of the STL files I obtain exceed the capability of the STL importer.

The other problem I forgot to mention is designer does not like broken meshes either. So make sure there are no holes in the mesh.

Designer is actually fairly forgiving in some ways but really hates large files and mesh holes. If the hole is in a non-visible area it is okay.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-12-30 22_12_03-Blender_ [D__Blender 3d_Blender use pictures_CW ram skull.blend].jpg  

Thank you all. I’m having better success using your suggestions. The biggest improvement comes from cleaning things up in MeshLab first and reducing the file size. I’m finally starting to see the power of the CW software.