Thread: Cheese cutting boards

Default Cheese cutting boards

My friend asked for two nice cheese cutting boards for two of his friends as gifts. They are personalized using centerline text with their names and some personal language. I won't share the personalization since they are for two different young ladies in two different towns.

Making it sound worse than it is. They are just friends.

Wood is an amazing material. I used African mahogany for the main part and oak, walnut, purple heart and padauk for the end strips. The centerline text came out gorgeous as well. I used the "Poor Richard" font. I will be using it again.

Just wanted to share the before and after mineral oiling of the boards. The Mahogany has almost an opalescent sheen to it.

Also, I believe these are my first cutting boards I have ever made from scratch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6202 small.jpg   IMG_6205 small.JPG  

That oil really made that nice contrast pop!

Justin Pierce, aka spalted
    *Pattern Editor (Probe) * Centerline * Dxf Import * STL Importer * Version 3 Standalone * Advanced 3D * Advanced 2D * Conforming Vectors * Rotary *C Machine *Rock Chuck

Beautiful Results!! Great gifts that will be appreciated each time they are used!

May be your first, probably won't be the last. They are beautiful, love the color variations.
    Rick H

Those look Great, and yes the oil does make them pop. That is food grade oil, right?
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Thanks all,

The different species really popped with the oil. It is butcher block oil meant for areas involving food preparation.