Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding textures

Default Adding textures

Does anyone know of a way to import my own texture files into the textures library within the designer software?
    "You can measure the true character of a man by the manner in which he treats those from whom he has nothing to gain."

That is something Jeff Birt and I have been wanting to do for a long time... we both have quite a few tileable textures we would like to be able to put out there for other users to use.

I have emailed Carvewright a couple times about it, hoping they will incorporate that feature into a new release down the road. As of right now, users are not able to save their own textures...

That'll be a great feature when they get it in the software.
    Free Tutorials, Patterns & Projects at www.ALLCW.com

Mark, I have imported some "wood" textures into Designer. You simply create a .gif or .jpg file of your texture - open Designer - got to the Gallery and Right Click on "your favorites" - select import and bring your file in. It's as simple as that.
    Bill

As my Grandpa used to say "Suit yourself and let the rest be pleased!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jantz View Post
    That is something Jeff Birt and I have been wanting to do for a long time... we both have quite a few tileable textures we would like to be able to put out there for other users to use.

I have emailed Carvewright a couple times about it, hoping they will incorporate that feature into a new release down the road. As of right now, users are not able to save their own textures...

That'll be a great feature when they get it in the software.
    Ditto. Kind of suprising the capability to import our own textures isn't there already. (Not as suprising as the lack of the Centerline Font feature though!)
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Question Textures

I kinda know what you're saying about putting them into the software. However, there is a work around using the textures posted as ptn. Yeah I know they don't blend great but it's all we got for now.
    Are ya smoking canine fecal matter, AGAIN????

http://home.att.net/~inabnitt/wsb/ht...out.html-.html

It would be nice to know what features will be available in the upcoming professional release. Maybe this is already addressed along with other "wishlist" items.
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    67.34% of all statistics are made up.
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Does any one know the release date yet?
    If You Saw What We Sawed!!

North Bay Woodworking

If you don't want to make waves......get off of the boat!

Default Adding textures

Copied the texture from the internet. Imported image into designer,
    and saved it in favorites. The brought into design and added text.
    Hope this helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ramlin,
    That is not the same as effect as this thread concerns. The desired effect is to import that texture into the textures data in the library (not your favorites) so that it can be used to fill a vector region and take on the shape and other variables associated with that region. Although it is nice to be able to do what you have done, your texture will remain a rectangle shape within your design. Someone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Jim
    "You can measure the true character of a man by the manner in which he treats those from whom he has nothing to gain."

Quote Originally Posted by MarkJamesDesign View Post
    Ramlin,
    That is not the same as effect as this thread concerns. The desired effect is to import that texture into the textures data in the library (not your favorites) so that it can be used to fill a vector region and take on the shape and other variables associated with that region. Although it is nice to be able to do what you have done, your texture will remain a rectangle shape within your design. Someone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Jim
    Your right but...
    In order to add more surface textures "not image maps" we would need hooks in Designers programming. basically an open SDK. The textures are procedural
    and controlled by the software engine so unless you know C++ its up to CW.

To me, image map adjustment input like repeateing, and origin is not as high of a priority as let say router bit offsets or copy offsets on nurbs paths.

Lig
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 04-22-2007 at 07:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast