Thread: Mac Spinning Wheel of Death when using contextual pull down menus.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mac Spinning Wheel of Death when using contextual pull down menus.

Hi folks,

First off, I apologize if these questions appear anywhere else. I did look, but couldn't find anything, so....

When using the contextual pulldown menus (right click pull downs) on just about any figure there is about a 50/50 shot Designer will just freeze when the menu appears, leaving me with the Spinning (Rainbow) Wheel of Death.

Now most of these features are available in menus or on toolbars, so I've been able to get by to a degree, but not all....

Has anyone run into this before? It happens on both my laptop and desktop (which are running the same Designer and OS versions).

I did run into this occasionally prior to 3.106, but it's frequency has seemed to increase, though I'm not sure if that's directly related to v3.106.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. (Except, perhaps, for any that suggest I switch to Windows. )

Oh, and I forgot to mention something. The cursor is just about constantly displaying as a black and white spinning ball. Any suggestion on how to get a standard pointer back would be great!

Regards,
    Andy D.
    Designer v3.106 build 44 on Mac running 10.14.6 (Mohave)
    Last edited by andyfer; 12-04-2019 at 10:36 AM. Reason: forgot something