Thread: X axis stall message

Default X axis stall message

What do you do when you get a “ X Axis Stall” message in the middle of a carve?

Look to see if the board is jammed up in the machine. Verify that the sliding plate is not pushed up tight against the board preventing it from moving in the machine, the board is not tapered and jamming up against the sliding plate and the out feed trays are not lifted up to high,
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Can I raise the head up? The bit is in the Board so I can’t move the board.
    Will I be able to resume carving or have I lost this project?

Yes you can raise the head up. Since it stalled the machine the project has stopped so you can not resume at the place it stopped.

Depending on what type of project design it is you can modify the project by drawing a rectangle over what has been done. Them make the rectangle with a zero 0 carve region. This will hide what has been carved so the machine will not try to carve that part again. It will start carving at the area that the carve region ends. Load the modified project to the card. If there was any vector carves, center line text, in the area that has been carved you might be better off to just do another one or let the machine start over from the beginning.

If you have carved over half way into the project you will probably need to place a couple of strips of masking tape across the width of the board to fool the board sensor for when it does the board measurement at the start of the project. Place the board into the machine so that the tape rides under the board sensor.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.