Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trinket box

Hopefully not too frightening and make the kids cry. Still trying to get better at digital sculpting.

Another very helpful neighbor likes angels so I thought to make her a trinket box as well. Here is the design I am going for. Thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-12-13 01_12_42-CarveWright - [Untitled Project].png  

I like the one you completed, it turned out great!

Your angle one looks like it should carve really nice too.

Justin Pierce, aka spalted
    *Pattern Editor (Probe) * Centerline * Dxf Import * STL Importer * Version 3 Standalone * Advanced 3D * Advanced 2D * Conforming Vectors * Rotary *C Machine *Rock Chuck

Hello Oscar, the design is great. I think a trinket box with a delicate nature should have a shallow carving applied to accent the box. Deeper carving seem to aggressive to me for delicate projects. I like your angels, but the eyes draw my attention. Thinking if the heads were tilted down a bit to look like they are resting on their shoulder would take the draw off the eyes and put more draw on the angels themselves. Just a couple thoughts.

Thanks gents.

Another one done.

Great critique on the pattern. I will go back and fix the eyes at some point. Thankfully the carving itself came out fairly good and the detail was low enough they lost the demon-like qualities and just look cute.

These take only a few hours to complete they are so simple.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6186 small.JPG   IMG_6197 small.JPG  
    Last edited by oscarl48; 12-14-2019 at 03:55 PM.

and it continues...

My wife asked me, "but what about our other neighbor?" Here is my design so far for the lid.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-12-16 13_05_24-Window.png  

Elegant!! You're neighbor will be delighted!

Done and done. Three boxes completed in time for Christmas.

Three family crests almost completed but will not be ready for Christmas. Well...I did better than last year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6209 small.JPG   IMG_6212 small.JPG   IMG_6214 small.JPG  

Beautiful work Oscar. Time to relax and enjoy the Christmas Holiday! Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy, New Year!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12