Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trinket box

Default Trinket box

Thought I'd take you all along a little project. I am making a trinket box for a friend who is a bee keeper. Here is the initial design.

This is one of my favorite box designs because it is super easy and fast. Butt joints with dowels for decoration and reinforcement.

The hinge are two hidden dowels. You have to round over the bottom portion of the lid so it will swing open but a router bit or rasp does quick work on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bee keeper trincket box.png   bee keeper trincket box exploded view 2.png   bee keeper trincket box exploded view 3.png   2019-12-03 12_14_22-Window.png  

Very nice project!! I like the easy fast design elements! Looking forward to seeing the finished product! Your illustrations are Great!

I really like that design a lot, I'm looking forward to seeing the end result too.

Justin Pierce, aka spalted
    *Pattern Editor (Probe) * Centerline * Dxf Import * STL Importer * Version 3 Standalone * Advanced 3D * Advanced 2D * Conforming Vectors * Rotary *C Machine *Rock Chuck

I had a bunch of honey do's today so didn't get a chance to start. Probably get it done in the next few days.

Hope to see a few examples from you guys.

Are your drawings made with sketchup?

I am using blender 3d. The newest version is a beast in a good way.

I got lazy and I'm going to use some metal hinges. I need to start designing some angels for my other neighbor's trinket box.

This box should be done by tonight. I'll post pictures then but a very simple project.

I'm also in the middle of carving some family crests. Promised my brothers last year so hopefully for Christmas I can have it to them.

I am calling it complete for this project.

First and second coat of lacquer on. I'll let it harden a little bit more and then lightly sand and give it one last coat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6020 small.JPG   IMG_6021 small.JPG   IMG_6022 small.JPG  

Very nice looking. Came out great!

Beautiful work!! Thanks for sharing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast