Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pattern help/education

Floyd,

Appreciate the education, did it and was able to "Make" a pattern. Problem then became when I grouped everything it changed my design, therefore the pattern. If you have just a moment I'd appreciate your expertise. Attached is MPC I created, am running 3.106
    Thx, Rick
    Attached Files Attached Files

See if you can make the pattern now. I regrouped everything into one group. I think your problems was all of the different groups. I did need to change the setting on the inner circle to merge subtractive and inverted.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Floyd,

Works now, pattern made. Really do appreciate all the help. Carving list definitely simplified. Played around with what I made and I believe the merge change and inverting made the difference. Grouped the mess I had and it would work for the pattern if I did the merge & inverted. Now I'm working on how each impacts the MPC pattern.
    Thanks again,
    Rick H

Glad that worked for you.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

If you select only the upper-level Groups and patterns, and not the second level and beyond, then hit Group, I think you would get what you want.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	groups.PNG 
Views:	10 
Size:	878.7 KB 
ID:	87969

This was a good exercise to go back and practice this stuff. Obviously there are different roads to get to the same destination.

I learned when grouping multiple groups it removes the grouping order. You can just go back and manually put the individual elements back into the original group positions and you can then select the top single group and make the pattern.

I'll probably forget all this by the time I need to do it again thought. lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-12-03 21_01_55-CarveWright - [grouping test.mpc].png  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12