Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cut Motor RPM Sensor Fault Error E37-0303

To clarify. I have been a owner since 2007. I had some early cracked front motors but they were both used and were shipped to me with the flex installed in the cut motor. This put undue stress on the plastic housing. It is recommended to only ship the machine after the flex is removed from the cut motor and the head cranked down all the way.

So this is the FIRST I have ever heard of the rear of the cut motor breaking. And I have been very active with the old CW Forum and now Facebook.

So I have also never heard of any Defective Cut Motor Cases.

I would open the Cut Motor. And inspect the Cut Motor Brushes and see if something came apart inside the machine.

With the cost of repair and the Upgrades you might take a serious look at what else is out there.

This is a Hobby Grade Machine. A Stepping Stone to a bigger machine.

If your not happy now, it will only get more frustrating.

You are going to have to keep an eye on the Y Gearbox and plan to replace the two 685ZZ Metric Bearings at about 250 Cut hours to prevent failed bearings from grinding down the shaft of the drive gear.

Flex Damage is expensive too and you must get in a habit of touching the flex shaft when you change a bit to monitor the temperature. When you feel heat it is time to lubricate the shaft. And that is an acquired skill... Too Much Lube and it gets into the top of the Truck Bearings... And that can be trouble.

And lastly in all my years of Electronic Maintenance since 1975 this failure almost looks like a machine being dropped while running to have that kind of motor damage..... That is what I would expect to see if the machine was dropped while running. No disrespect intended....

To be a Happy User of this machine you need to be pro active with preventive maintenance.

Good Luck with your decision....

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 11-14-2019 at 06:02 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Default Used Cut Motor Housing available?

Al - thanks for your reply. (Yes I agree it looks like a "drop" but - 1) I know we didn't do it, and 2) there is no other visible damage anywhere on the unit).
    Meanwhile I've been thinking: HAVE YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW REPLACED THEIR CUT MOTOR? If I can get a used cut motor casing from anyone (for reasonable price paid for trouble and shipping), I can reassemble this and be back in business. I have just now taken apart the motor and everything looks fine except for the shattered plastic.

If there is a good way to spread the word that I'm looking - your thoughts and assistance would be appreciated.
    -- Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    To clarify. I have been a owner since 2007. I had some early cracked front motors but they were both used and were shipped to me with the flex installed in the cut motor. This put undue stress on the plastic housing. It is recommended to only ship the machine after the flex is removed from the cut motor and the head cranked down all the way.

So this is the FIRST I have ever heard of the rear of the cut motor breaking. And I have been very active with the old CW Forum and now Facebook.

So I have also never heard of any Defective Cut Motor Cases.

I would open the Cut Motor. And inspect the Cut Motor Brushes and see if something came apart inside the machine.

With the cost of repair and the Upgrades you might take a serious look at what else is out there.

This is a Hobby Grade Machine. A Stepping Stone to a bigger machine.

If your not happy now, it will only get more frustrating.

You are going to have to keep an eye on the Y Gearbox and plan to replace the two 685ZZ Metric Bearings at about 250 Cut hours to prevent failed bearings from grinding down the shaft of the drive gear.

Flex Damage is expensive too and you must get in a habit of touching the flex shaft when you change a bit to monitor the temperature. When you feel heat it is time to lubricate the shaft. And that is an acquired skill... Too Much Lube and it gets into the top of the Truck Bearings... And that can be trouble.

And lastly in all my years of Electronic Maintenance since 1975 this failure almost looks like a machine being dropped while running to have that kind of motor damage..... That is what I would expect to see if the machine was dropped while running. No disrespect intended....

To be a Happy User of this machine you need to be pro active with preventive maintenance.

Good Luck with your decision....

AL

I am guessing you expected them to give you a new motor even though the machine is out of warranty. That would of been great if they did but I would not have expected them to do so. Your first and best option would be to go ahead and get a new cut motor. Since your QC chuck seems to be in good working order you do not need to get the new chuck right away. The basic version of the software is still a very good program with lots of great capabilities.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by BCChad View Post
    Al - thanks for your reply. (Yes I agree it looks like a "drop" but - 1) I know we didn't do it, and 2) there is no other visible damage anywhere on the unit).
    Meanwhile I've been thinking: HAVE YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW REPLACED THEIR CUT MOTOR? If I can get a used cut motor casing from anyone (for reasonable price paid for trouble and shipping), I can reassemble this and be back in business. I have just now taken apart the motor and everything looks fine except for the shattered plastic.

If there is a good way to spread the word that I'm looking - your thoughts and assistance would be appreciated.
    -- Bruce

The forum does have a buy and sell thread for such requests and if you are a member in the Carvaholics FaceBook page you can do so there as well.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I have a motor that brunt out on me. I could remove the casing. The problem I have is I will not be near the motor for a couple weeks. I will be back the first week in December.

Today I think is my last day with internet. There is no internet where I spending the next two weeks or so.

Hi Mugsowner, thanks for your offer. I have just sent you an email so we can communicate privately about details.
    Thanks

Are you a member of the Facebook page? If not... Lots more Activity on that page... You might find someone parting out a machine...
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12