Thread: File is invalid or corrupted

Default File is invalid or corrupted

Recently when I go to import a stl file into STL Importer I get the message "File is invalid or corrupted". This is happening to about half of the STL files that I have, many of them I have imported before with no problem. I can open the files in Meshlab with no problem and with making no adjustments to them just save as a stl file then STL Importer works as it should. Does anyone have a clue as to what is happening?

I've gotten that fault with broken meshes before but if you have previously opened the stl files then I am unsure what its causing it.

By broken mesh I mean missing verts (holes) in the visible part of the model.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

I have a feeling it may be due to an update that happened automatically. I have a MacBook that updated, not to Catalina but just updated High Sierria. The weird thing is if I download the stl file from where I bought it, it still shows as invalid or corrupt, but Meshlab does not have a problem with it and like I said before do nothing but save it as a stl file and it works fine. I was just hoping someone had an easy fix.