Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: slipping material

Al,

Thanks alot for the thorough explanations. I'm going to have to go over all of the parts that you mentioned. I'll start by rechecking the connections and then the wear as you mentioned. I'll report back what I find.

Yes. Those wires ( crimped by carvewright or someone that they bought from or contracted) and then fell out. Today, I put the machine together and had an x axis and cut motor stall. What you said about the condensation makes sense.

Thanks! He certainly has some insight and answers.

I deleted my Power Supply Wire Rant. Joe is taking care of it.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by the_skeptic View Post
    Thanks! He certainly has some insight and answers.
    ( The Older I get... The Better I WAS ) 20 years fixing Navy Fire Control Radars and Computers. Then off to Sony in 95 making picture tubes or CRT's. Was a Shift Mechanic for 12 hours in the middle of a 12 hour cycle to make Picture tubes... If my Equipment broke you had 6 hours of CRT's still coming at you 150 an hour.... We worked a 4 day and a 3 day every other Sunday. On my off days I would go to Sony training and get paid... Fanuc Robot Programming and Repair... Pillar RF Generator... Omron Factory Automation with PLC's Program Logic Controllers... Even Basic Math... Loved Sony... Also did 2 years fixing Power Supplies and stuff in the Calibration Lab. They had Engineering Employee of the Month. I got it a few times for my repairs making the Department look good... You would get between $200 and $500 in Sony Store Money... My last 4 at Sony were at Philly fixing Play Station 2's and stuff...

I understand most of the CarveWright.... All you need to do is think like the machine... What does it want that it is not getting.... And why does it do that...

Thanks,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191120_102144.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	87914Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191120_102130.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	87913
    Here's one of the the poor crimp jobs. Mean while, I'm stuck with an expensive fix, more repair time and yet to produce anything to provide income from wood working. Thanks for jumping in. Hopefully, I'll make more progress soon.

I have NOT read all of this thread, so forgive me if more info is here that I am not aware.

This power supply was purchased in 2017. Have you not put any hours on it since?
    Hardware stores have new crimps that are inexpensive.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

The machine has a total of 50 hours and the power supply has far less. I'm doubting that its worth the effort, but trying since I put all of that money into the upgrades.

I already replaced the crimps and still trying find the problems causing the cut motor not getting power, the stalls, and material slipping (which may have been resolved). I have to tear down the entire machine down again after I figure out the function of all of the wires. Its a 45 minute drive to the shop (then back home to access internet).

Name:	square 1.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	616.6 KB 
ID:	87915

Your help and experience are much appreciated. I started to get too many error messages, so, I'm going to check all of the connections and evaluate the costs of components. Hopefully, I can connect the parts to troubleshoot the electric with the help of a friend. In the mean time, I can use a shopbot at a makerspace which requires totally different methodology to design and setup and cut/carve. (each has their strong points and weak points).

Thanks!
    John

I think that I found the reason for the detent in the z axis. The z-truck seems to be pitted. The build up of residue inside it must have been bumping against the bearings. The gear and belt teeth look good.

Name:	20191125_101050.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	87927Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pitted z truck -1.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	251.9 KB 
ID:	87929
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20191125_100957.jpg  

If that is the problem you can just rotate the rods around to where there is a smooth surface. I've done that to mine several times.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast