Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: slipping material

i'll confirm head pressure before making another cut. On a regular cnc multiple passes makes a cleaner cut, but the x-axis traction drive is a different animal.

Thanks!

When slippage occurs with multiple passes, we get stair stepping. Since you made multiple passes and there seems to be no stepping, I would think that either the board slipped before the cutting operation or that the cut path and carving pattern got shifted in Designer.

It seems to be just on the right side. This might be due to the "climb" of the router rotation on the piece and the lack of head pressure. the cut and design are both centered in the software. I'm going to troubleshoot the head pressure today.

Yes... I thought that the roller sensor reading was using a minimum pressure when it showed engaged

the head pressure is only in the 50's for the rubber belt. I'll need 75-90.

I use dry graphite rather than the lubes on the posts and the acme screws. I'll also reset the alignment.

Thank you!

Low head pressure could be caused by the clutch releasing early, in which case you would have to shim to increase pressure.

The clutch in the handle, right? That sounds like its the issue. If so, would I use a washer or spacer? Very good information!

I really appreciate everyone's help on this. I should have been using the forum more often.

Yes the clutch is behind the handle. There are shims behind the handle. They are between the handle and spring and are used to push the spring forward putting pressure on the crank torque plate. The more pressure on the plate the clutch will take more load before it kicks out. Here is a link to the pasts list and drawings http://www.carvewright.com/assets/se...ist_manual.pdf. great break down drawing to see how it all goes together.

many thanks again!

Head Pressure is now 115 lbs. a little more than the 90 lbs specified for the max.

It was the clutch. Rather than shimming, I took a flat head screw driver and expanded the spring. (I may have to shim in the near future).

Quote Originally Posted by the_skeptic View Post
    Head Pressure is now 115 lbs. a little more than the 90 lbs specified for the max.

It was the clutch. Rather than shimming, I took a flat head screw driver and expanded the spring. (I may have to shim in the near future).
    115 lbs is to high. You stand the chance of stripping the X drive gears with it being that high.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast