Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: slipping material

Again, I'm trying to eliminate board slipping which has been a chronic issue. I will revert to using the sled again, but need to be sure there are no other major issues. I've been trying to get this working properly for years...upgraded the belts and carve tight bit system.. I really appreciate everyone's input on this forum.

I ran an x and y axis user test and re-measured the head pressure after realigning the 4 posts, cleaning and lubing the posts and acme screws.

The head pressure is now equal.

During the x axis test the 15"x4" board (with tape on the base for the tracking roller) was pushed out of the rear roller while a more wider board was tested properly. It this an indication of a problem?

The y axis test completed, but has the noise on the left side of travel. The wipers were removed and the rails and rollers were cleaned. The noise still exists. the y axis belt was tightened as initially directed by tech support and I do not see any teeth missing. I think the noise existed since day 1.

It's normal for servo motors to make noise, such as a high-pitched whine. Hard to say without hearing if your noise is "normal". Post a video?

(updated) Here's the noise and belt tension . I was unable to upload the video to this sight.

noise
    https://youtu.be/U9g704ubUJ4

Y Tension
    https://youtu.be/sYoW4VOfXS8

Thanks

your video don't work on ytub
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Sorry. It should work now.

Quote Originally Posted by the_skeptic View Post
    Sorry. It should work now.

Both seem to be normal.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

The only thing that I do not see that you have done is check the head for being level from the key pad end compared to the bit plate end.

Check the level of the head by measuring from the top of the head casting to the underside of the plastic stabilizers on all four corners. If there is more than 1/32” difference the head will need to be leveled. Note that there is always a reason for the head to become unlevel and this cause will have to be found and fixed before the issue can be closed. There are two problems that can cause the head to lose lever: a loose leadscrew nut or a loose/damaged gear on the tierod. Please consult the document Titled Head Pressure – Adjusting the Head Level on the CarveWright website for detailed instructions. This is not an easy procedure and can be very difficult for a customer to do in some cases and should be a last resort and only at the direction and supervision of a CarveWright support technician.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I will check the level and re-read the document. I did not find any missing teeth on the bevel gear and it did not seem to have skipped the gear teeth. I will step through the process again to be sure.

I had a z axis stall error today which may have been due to a loose ribbon cable and having it on its side. I do not think that it is related, yet. It was an immediate error and I had power to the y axis while have the movement in the z to have the same resistance as when it was powered up. I may have that part resolved. However, there was a detent position while moving the z truck up and down. Wipers were clean inside. The z axis gear had a little saw dust, but dont believe that was causing the detent.

Thanks for the advice.

The head is uneven and I will level them.

As mentioned earlier, the z axis does not move smoothly and has a detent. I noticed this when the z axis stalled. I re seated the ribbon cable and the z axis does not stall. However, the y-axis stalls when it goes through the homing routine at startup. E05-0324. I was able to run the job. The graphics is a low resolution. The line occurred when I opened the door to clean the excess saw dust.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191113_161947.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	87893

The recommended way to pause a carving is to press the stop button one time. Pausing this way the stop button tells the computer to stop current operations. Using the clear cover to pause/stop the computer needs to react to seeing the clear cover and cut motor switches being opened. Plus the opening of the cut motor switch with the power to it will cause arcing across the contacts.

E05 - Y axis stall (Normal)
    Possible Causes
    A Y-axis stall is caused when the difference between the commanded distance becomes much
    more than the actual distance over the allotted time interval. An easy example of this would
    be putting your hand on the cutting truck and preventing it from moving during an operation.
    The computer is commanding it (and expecting it to move a certain distance in a given time
    interval) but your hand is preventing it from moving; or stalling the movement. A stall does
    not have to be a physical obstacle to movement. For instance if a power lead to the motor was
    broken then the motor would not move when commanded and the computer would record a
    stall.
    Possible Causes
    Causes include: obstacles blocking the movement of the cutting head, outdated firmware,
    faulty electrical circuit in the shop, and electrical short in the machine, a loose connector, a
    faulty power supply, or a cut motor that is not spinning.
    Troubleshooting Steps
    Consult the troubleshooting document titled “Y-Axis Stall” for detailed diagnosis instructions.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast