Thread: pattern help

Default pattern help

is it possible to turn these images into ussable patterns? the last one is what I am trying to end up withClick image for larger version. 

Name:	banner.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	87794
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture1.bmp 
Views:	18 
Size:	261.7 KB 
ID:	87791Click image for larger version. 

Name:	man.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	87792Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SIGN2.PNG 
Views:	22 
Size:	197.6 KB 
ID:	87793

Short answer is it would take a lot of work with these specific images. High quality, high definition images using separate solid colors work best.

As a test, I ran the banner through Shadermap and then cleaned up in my 2d software and still did not an acceptable pattern.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-10-17 14_40_59-Window.jpg  

Let me correct myself. I just looked at the full banner and they seem like they are a higher quality images. So if you have higher resolution images then it is possible to make decent patterns. You do have to clean up a few small areas due to the incorrect gray scale height levels but should be fairly straight forward with 2d software or appropriate CW designer addons.

The stein banner seems to be the most problematic. Here is a quick model to play with. Far from perfect but may help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-10-17 16_13_49-Window.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

thanks for your help im not sure where the images came from a customer sent them to me. I can ussally make patterns but was really stuggling with these files.

Increased the size of the final banner so I had a little bit more area to play with. Separated the individual components.

I then attempted to normalize the colors as best as I could. Unfortunately, I am not very good at this. I make patterns a completely different way but this was great practice.

Using the previously made stein banner I got this.

Not great but a starting point...maybe. Included the individual component patterns as well as the combined pattern.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-10-17 21_27_30-Window.png  

Here are the graphics I ended up with. You can clean them up further with 2d software. Again, I am not great at it so I am sure there a bunch of folks that can do this better.

Hope this helped.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SIGN man.jpg   SIGN woman.jpg   SIGN23.jpg  

7. Default

I could create the three different graphics for you in complete 3D for $0.65 X 54 = $35.10 $1.20 X 30 = $36.00 TOTAL = $71.10

I worked on this pattern File. I'm not sure if I remember how to post the pattern. The Dark image is the pattern File that I made. To make a clean image - You need to change the Raster image into a Vector image; and then use the ShaderMap Pro - to make the pattern file. I am almost 82 years old, not sure if I can still work this program.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SIGN21111_DISP.png   SIGN21111_DISP-.png   SIGN21111_NORM.jpg  
    Last edited by bjbethke; 10-21-2019 at 10:34 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.