Thread: Uneven head pressure

Default Uneven head pressure

When I crank the head down and it begins to apply pressure - the end towards the keypad goes down and the other end becomes stationary. I measured the distance from the work piece and the keypad end is about a 1/4” lower. What should I do to fix this?

May need to re-level the head? or make sure the rollers flex properly? one of them may be stuck.

I would wonder about the lead screw on the far side. Make sure it is turning and check that the nut on the head is not stripped.

A whole list of things can cause this.... The 2 lead screws have been known to strip the nut on top. Sawdust caked in the lead screw can jam the head. The 4 smooth posts could have dry grease on them and the Inside of the Sleeve Bearings could have caked dry grease inside making them stick. ONE of the 4 smooth posts could have a loose screw underneath. So while you are underneath. Be careful of the Power Supply... IT can KILL YOU... Un Plug Machine... There is a Cross Connect shaft and gears. This has a bad habit of the screw holding the 45 degree gears together to loosen letting the gears skip teeth leading to a un level head. A Quick way to level is put 2 blocks wood the same thickness on each side and gently cranking down. You may need to un do the Cross connect and do each side one at a time then reconnect the cross connect.

A quick test is to put a strip of paper on each side. Crank down and tug paper.. IF one side comes out then it is high...

Good Luck,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com