Default help with pattern

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	campbell co.jpeg 
Views:	25 
Size:	682.4 KB 
ID:	87692
    can someone please help make the badge into a pattern please thank you
    I use 2.008

Here is a quick version without the words. Not sure what font is being used.

Use arc tool and decorate with font.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-08-24 17_20_06-CarveWright - [Untitled Project].png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

thank you oscarl48 this great

Good. Hopefully it will work for you.

Let us know how it comes out.

waiting on approval. thanks again

Oscar, would you mind explaining the process of what you did to create this pattern. You made it look so simple, especially from the pic that was provided. Thank you.

Mike,

The badge portion was really simple. It is constructed from 3 elements. The (1) spheres at the ends, the (2) star arms and finally the (3) circle portion in the center. So three separate geometries. I could have started with an automatically generated star but decided to model it manually just for the added control. Took about 15 minutes to do. Exported as STL and imported into Designer using the STL importer.

The county emblem was a different matter. If I would have modeled it, it would have taken me many hours to do. So instead, I isolated the emblem from the picture, turned to gray scale and then cleaned it up with my graphics software. I used Corel's PaintSho Pro. Imported it into Designer as an image and then added it to the star badge. Another 15-20 minutes.

So about 30 to 40 minutes to complete what I did.

Now that I have done it once, doing it again would be much faster. Since the image is 2d with no additional 3d height reference it becomes completely your interpretation. Do you make an image element an inny or an outy. Do you make a section really tall or really short or in-between. So a lot of minor design decisions with the hope that the end result will look good. I actually had to tweak the height quite a bit between the three elements.

Let me know if I answered your question or if you were looking for a more detailed explanation on the specific modeling steps I used.

Oscar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-08-27 17_15_41-Window.png   campbell co ref.jpeg  

That is a great tutorial. I don't have the same software but I will give it a shot with what I have. This will be fun to practice now that you have already done it. Thank you very much.

tjl232, sorry for high jacking the thread

Mike, how did the practice go. Any problems?

Damn work is getting in the way, lol. I hope to get to it this weekend. I will let you know. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast