Thread: Photo Editing/Drawing software for a Mac

Default Photo Editing/Drawing software for a Mac

Hi everyone,
    I just got a MacBook Pro and am looking for feedback from members regarding a good, relatively cheap, software similar to CorelDraw which I am familiar with, to purchase without breaking the bank. I am aware of the new CorelDraw but the present $500.00 price tag is not working for me. I would like one that is NOT subscription, and programs like GIMP with its learning curve are just not what I'm looking for. I have downloaded several trials ranging from free to $50.00 none of which I could reasonably figure out.
    So any input is appreciated.
    Gary
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

Have you looked at paint net?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Floyd,
    The advertisements I read on it said “windows based”. So, no I did not check it, but will...
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Koval View Post
    Floyd,
    The advertisements I read on it said “windows based”. So, no I did not check it, but will...
    I just double checked and it only shows windows. Sorry about that.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Gary, I don't use MAC but I did a quick search and a high number of folks recommended PINTA. Its a free open source program and it looks a lot like Paint.net (UI). I've never used it so can't say one way or another if its any good but since its free it is easy to test it and see if it works for you.

I am using Graphic by Mac . I don't do a lot of photo editing but its easy enough to use. Mainly converting jpg to svg for import to cam software...
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

Gary, My suggestion is Affinity Designer, $49.99. It's similar to Adobe Illustrator. CorelDraw is now available on MAC but like Adobe they've adopted a subscription based plan. You can also purchase the entire CorelDraw Graphics Suite for MAC for $499; ouch! First reviews I've read for Corel on Mac are less than glowing.