Thread: Operation temperature

Default Operation temperature

I have done a search for operating temperature and everything I found was about the lower end of the scale. What would be the upper *red line temp*. We are having temps in the high 90's with really high humidity. Just wondering if this is a concern. I am sure temps in Texas and other places are much worse. Thanks

This is my own experience and my max running time has been less than 3 hours (usually about 1 hour only) but I normally run it in mid 90s with high humidity in the summer. No issues other than me sweating all over the wood.

But that has been my personal experience. (East Texas)

I've had more problems with cold instead of hot. My machine does not like the 30's and below.

Always go with what you are comfortable with your tools though.

That was my feeling as well, just keep a close eye on it and go with gut. I think I cook the same way, lol. Thank you.

I have had issues with the flex shaft running quite a bit warmer than normal when the temps are in the mid nineties and setting up a fan to blow on the shaft has solved the problem.

I was thinking of doing the same, thanks Dale

A few years ago I was pushing the machine hard in August and I blew a Controller Computer... Went Dead... Had another controller so I swapped it out... Worked like a charm... Put the old controller back in just to prove it was not a loose wire... No workee.... Went back to the spare controller. Popped the cover on the controller and it was full of Sawdust... and OVERHEATED.... So If you want to run on hot days popping the cover on your controller looking for a blanket of sawdust to blow out... It could save you a few hundred bucks... I have dust collection and it was from the previous owner.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02626_WEB.jpg   DSC02624_WEB.jpg   DSC02629_WEB.jpg   DSC02628_WEB.jpg  

DSC02642_WEB.jpg   DSC02700_WEB.jpg   DSC03383_WEB.jpg   DSC03178_WEB.jpg  

Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I have never opened up the controller to clean, I guess it is time, thanks Al.

I have not opened any of the others I have.... 7 machines now... But i will add that to the next preventive maintenance to all for a one time look. The last one I just could not pass it up... $350.00 Buy it now shipped on eBay... A "B" Machine with a QC. From a Salvage Company... ??? Looks good.... Arrived in good condition.

I recommend everyone do this... (not buy eBay Machines... ) My thoughts were that the blanket of Sawdust caused the Microprocessor to Overheat....

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 07-07-2019 at 08:59 AM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com