Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Z Axis Stall 06-0313

Default Z Axis Stall 06-0313

Started a project and the moment I selected the project the Z Axis stall appeared on the screen. The truck was in the center of the machine never moved, I did not hear any sound indicating a 'homing' attempt.
    I first verified that I could easily move the truck in any direction without resistance. From responses previous posts I pulled of the cover on rear of the Z motor and verified everything was clean. Again from prior postings I replaced the FFC cable. Next I replaced the Z motor termination board, got the same error after all.
    When I do a 0-7 and go to the sensor check for the Y & Z both readings changes when I move the truck .
    The moment I select a project I get the stall message without hearing or seeing any attempt of movement. This is a back up machine with 30 hours on a new Controller.
    Suggestions on the next step?
    Thx, Rick H

Do you notice the difference in truck resistance to movement when the power is on Vs off. The z motor not getting power will cause an immediate stall.

Did you try flashing the card and trying a different pattern

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Do you notice the difference in truck resistance to movement when the power is on Vs off. The z motor not getting power will cause an immediate stall.
    No difference in resistance, think you have hit it . Didn't think about that test, in my mind seeing the position numbers change during the check was enough. Didn't realise the processor would be able to see the encoder without power. Learn something new everyday(if I pay attention) Also no difference when I move the Y. Guess I need a power supply, one of the things I don't have a spare off.
    Thx a million, Rick H.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1 View Post
    Did you try flashing the card and trying a different pattern
    I did try a different card, forgot to mention that earlier.
    Thx for the reply, Rick H

Replaced the ribbon cable from the controller up to the terminal board. First and hope the last time, quite a pain in the XXX. Anyway, stall error message gone. Haven't had time to do a carve to see what else I may have messed up with all the process but happy the stall is gone.
    Thx for all the help, Rick H

Good luck Rick, we feel your pain..

I saw a power supply for sale on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/163615668390?ul_noapp=true

My suggestion was going to be to swap the controllers thinking it was a Servo Driver.... Glad you made progress.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Just an FYI update, got time to try a carve and a 1 1/2 hr one ran fine.
    Rick H

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast