Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stopped dead mid carve.

Mark, imagine a groupe of wires being like a group of pipes raised at one end. You drop a ball into each pipe at exactly the same time. If the pipes are short the balls will exit at nearly the same time, the longer the pipes get the large the time variation between the balls exiting. Now these balls, (signals in the wires) need to arrive all at the same time or the computer will get confused and not know what to do. The other issue is electrical noise, if you pull this stuff outside the case there will be a greater likelyhood for interference.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

2. Default

This inductor fatigue problem was found in the first couple of shipments of machines, and is believed to have been fixed. If you have encountered this problem, we will replace the power supply board under the warranty.
    Chris Morlier
    CarveWright

Default Issues......

Then there is shielding issues with electromagnetic noise with the encoders. The circuits were designed for close short wire runs. A increased length gets into problems like voltage drop and inducted signals into long parallel wires.

Only 2 sets of wires and a switch would be involved in moving the power supply outside the unit.... Power to the computer and power to the first drive moror.

Some Liquid Nail on the coils is a faster fix....

My Carve Bot is cutting away as I type...

AL

Default Thanks

Chris,

Looks like it was just a little light on the glue on my board, don't expect this to be a big problem, just a few here and there. I did production of 17 inch picture tubes at Sony at 150 plus per hour and even with Fanuc Robots painting liquid carbon on the outside of the picture tube and a robot squirting RTV between the CRT High voltage pins and stuffing on a pin base cap we had occasional errors....

Thank You I will ship it UPS tomorrow.

Thanks !!!

AL

Quote Originally Posted by cmorlier View Post
    This inductor fatigue problem was found in the first couple of shipments of machines, and is believed to have been fixed. If you have encountered this problem, we will replace the power supply board under the warranty.
    Chris,

It's good to see someone from CarveWright posting again. Your input on the various concerns expressed on the forum will be greatly appreciated in the future.

Talking Dreaming

Since we are dreaming up ways to eliminate problems, Once the power supply and controller is removed from vibration, how about re-locating the Z-Drive motor to a vibration free surface, and driving the Z-truck with a flex shaft. "I just bet when warranties expire, there will be a LOT of modifications done".
    My Website: www.edscustomcarved.com
    Patterns or projects made, and uploaded by me, are not to be sold on E-Bay, EVER !.
    Thank You....

Default Good Job !!!!

The part is on the way.

AL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123