Thread: Rotary Calibration Problem (continuous slow rotation)

Default Rotary Calibration Problem (continuous slow rotation)

I was trying my fifth or so rotary carve and, as recommended, went through the calibration menu. Started the calibration, marked my material, hit enter, and it rotated actually about 3 and 1/2 times around, then it slowed down and kept rotating, about 50 seconds per rotation. That never stopped. I tried several times, tried turning the machine off and on, tried reseating the memory card, tried a different memory card, tried reinstalling the rotary jig, tried pushing down even harder on the head, but it kept doing this. So I tried doing a rotary carve (a rotary lithopane), and it carved the first row, then went into the slow rotation and kept on doing that. Clearly something is stuck or missing somewhere. Did I knock something loose? I did blow the sawdust out of the machine just before this, but I didn't stuck the blower into the machine itself. I hope not, anyway.
    Any suggestions welcome.
    Thanks.

-mw

It is almost always placement of jig in machine. Here is the troubleshooting guide: http://support.carvewright.com/troub...g-calibration/

Call hardware tech whenever our phones get back up. 713-473-6572
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

D'oh! Thanks, Lynnfrwd. I had tried to install it twice, didn't think I could get it wrong twice in a row. Too proud. Seems to work great when installed properly.