Thread: New Z motor now E06-0324

Default New Z motor now E06-0324

I installed a new z-motor with no problem. Afterwards I did 4 or 5 new cutouts in a sled, like I’ve always done with no problems. Now all of a sudden it measures the board, it asks the general questions, then asks what bit with no problems. It then goes through the finding bit motion but after it fines the bit on the plate the z truck comes to the keypad side goes up and down a few times then goes back to the other side of the sled, drops right on the edge of the board or hits the edge of the board with the bit a few times and stalls out with the E06-0324 code. I’ve checked all my connections,including under the machine, made sure my z and y axis move freely, tried different outlets, different bits, different flex shaft. I’m at a loss on where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the bit is hitting the right edge of the sled instead of dropping down beside the sled, I would think the sled was not measured to be as wide as it really is. Watch where the machine initially finds the right edge of the sled.

Check to see if there is a hole in the plate of the brass roller. This is where it touches off on the key pad side of the machine.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Everything checks out with what you both were saying. I did just notice though it’s certain projects that are giving me errors. Does that make sense? I haven’t upload these projects on my card again for a few weeks. So I know I was running this exact project with no errors. Let’s say the project got corrupted, is that even the right error code for that problem? The project is 11” on my computer because I use 2pcs 1x6 Cypress (7/8”x 5-1/2”). The board sensor measures with the sled 13.5”. When you say hole, I’m assuming you’re talking about the U shape cut out next to the roller? If so yes it’s free and clear.

Quote Originally Posted by dante4488 View Post
    When you say hole, I’m assuming you’re talking about the U shape cut out next to the roller? If so yes it’s free and clear.
    The hole Floyd is referring to would be a hole drilled by the bit through the touch point next to the brass roller. If this touch point gets drilled through, the bit touches too low and then later stalls when it tries to touch on the board.

See: https://forum.carvewright.com/showth...940#post252940

Does the stall happen during the board touch or later when the bit tries to bob beside the board?

There is no hole next to the roller.
    When is tries to bob next to the board,right before it’s about to start.

Put a 1/8 inch bit in the machine and move the head all the way to the keypad side and manually slide the head down. Look where it touches the black plastic that holds the brass roller. Look and see if you have a 1/8 inch hole drilled through the plate. I know it has been suggested 3 or 4 times and you said you looked... But this is a classic symptom of your Cut Motor is showing it's AGE. When you did a bit change and the motor started up and shut off, the cut motor was STILL coasting to a stop when the head went down on the LEFT Keypad Side and Drilled a hole through the black brass roller plate. This is the most common OTHER problem with the Machine after the Failing Y Gearboxes... LHR Designs the DESIGNER Software for a NEW Machine. AS our machines AGE and the Brushes get SHORTER the Cut Motor takes more time to slow down and STOP. Hence I must press STOP after a bit change EVERY TIME to stop the head before it goes DOWN and Drills a HOLE in my Brass Roller Holder.... A Keyboard Selection of "Coast Time" or the time that the machine waits until it races to the left side and bobs down would be a COOL Addition to DESIGNER SOFTWARE.... As MANY Old Machines are still in service and MANY OF US Fight with the slow coast to a stop and have to open the cover or push stop and wait for the cut motor to stop so we don't DRILL our Brass Roller Holders....

So if you check the machine like I requested and you still get the same error.... Then it is the FFC Cable... YES they can go BAD in just minutes or hours... IF you don't get the LENGTH right with the FOLDS. IF TOO SHORT or you have a SHARP BEND the movement will pull the FFC Out or Bend at a sharp fold and SNAP.

Next... DIRTY ENCODER in the Z....

Next... Encoder Wheel is FREE Spinning on the Servo Motor Shaft... A drop of glue fixes it.

Just had a WAG.... Wild AL Guess.... IF you are not watching the actual BIT TOUCH on the Bit Plate... It could be OFF... Touching BEFORE it expects it... OR the BIT FLAG is BENT DOWN... NOT LEVEL... Again... A WAG... But watch the bit touch... BECAUSE the machine is getting CONFUSING DATA in respect to BIT LENGTH....

Good Luck,

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 04-07-2019 at 11:00 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Al, Thank you very much for all the information. I’ll look into all these things that could be the problem(s). I truly feel like you’re trying to help because I would NEVER type that much,lol. I’ll let you know if my findings. Thanks again good Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by dante4488 View Post
    Al, Thank you very much for all the information. I’ll look into all these things that could be the problem(s). I truly feel like you’re trying to help because I would NEVER type that much,lol. I’ll let you know if my findings. Thanks again good Sir.

AND Comma.... I have been known to be WRONG a few times.... SO based on your reply we will jump like a group of Brook Trout in a small pool when a Grass Hopper falls in... This looks INTERESTING....

WE might ALL learn something if the problem is not the obvious... This is how we build up our data base of "ANSWERS".

Thanks for being a Good Sport...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com