Thread: MARCH 2019 Project of the Month - "The Springtime Clock"!

Default MARCH 2019 Project of the Month - "The Springtime Clock"!

Here is the CarveWright CNC Project of the Month for MARCH 2019 - The Springtime Clock!

The nature-inspired design features carved flowers and leaves nestled inside a shallow, gently curved recessed area which highlights the unique offset clock mounting. The Springtime Clock can be displayed year-round in virtually any decor setting and makes a very nice and functional wall accent for your home or office. It’s a wonderful gift item for all sorts of occasions, such as weddings, house warming, Mother’s Day and more!

This project was carved and cut out with the CarveWright CNC machine and uses just the 1/16" Carving Bit and the 1/8" Cutting Bit. No other bits are required. Overall dimensions of the finished clock are 10" diameter x 1.2" thick.

To view the CarveWright Springtime Clock Build Blog and watch the project video, click here:

http://www.carvewright.com/build-a-springtime-clock/

Main items you will need:

1) The Project Files (included):
    • Springtime_Clock.mpc

2) Board with the following dimensions: 0.75" x 11" x 28"

NOTE: Do not use boards that are smaller than specified above unless using an appropriate jig.

3) Klockit 5.875" round clock insert (mounting hole is 3.25" diameter). I used model #15342 from www.klockit.com

4) Two small screw eyes, picture hanger wire, sandpaper, wood glue, stain and/or paint and clear finish

5) A Dremel-type rotary tool with assorted abrasive attachments to aid the sanding process. A spindle sander and small belt sander can help speed up sanding/surface prep.

Apply the finish of your choice. Here’s what I used on the sample Spring Clock made from Select Pine:

• Applied one coat thinned Bulls Eye SealCoat overall. (50/50 denatured alcohol and SealCoat)

• Sanded when dry.

• Applied Rust-Oleum Golden Mahogany stain.

• Applied several light coats Krylon Clear Gloss, then Satin as final coats

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails machining_springtime-clock.png   clamp-parts-together.png   belt-sand-edges.png   sand-details.png  

Springtime_Clock_FRONT-View.png   Springtime_Clock_1080x1080.png  
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Michael

Thank you for another great project. I always look forward to your clock projects. After a long winter I appreciate the springtime theme. Wood is cut, card is uploaded, and carving will be done tomorrow!

Hi Dave! Thank you - happy to know you enjoy the clock projects, and that you’ve already started in this one!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Wondering about May 2019 Project of The Month? Has it been released?

Quote Originally Posted by dbemus View Post
    Wondering about May 2019 Project of The Month? Has it been released?
    Not yet. I’m very sorry for the delay due to a rather serious family crisis during the last few weeks. Should be soon, though, as things are settling down a bit.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Michael,

Thank you for the reply. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!! Best wishes!

D. Bemus