Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loading a board

1. Default Loading a board

Ok. I have a problem maybe someone can help with. I am trying to load a board but never get the message to press start to continue (or whatever the message is when the head pressure is reached). I have done all the maintenance steps that the manual suggests. Its clean, the corner bars were cleaned and lubed. Bottom bolts and top loosened and tightened as per instructions. The head moves smoother than it ever has but still no joy. What next???????
    The attached image is of the display message. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190403_100646169.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	3.86 MB 
ID:	87394
    Bob Campbell
    VIT Jr/Sr High School
    Table Grove, Illinois

Are you getting a message that says PLEASE LOAD BOARD? You can type the message (not the Error code #) in the Search bar at the top of the SUPPORT page at www.carvewright.com.

http://support.carvewright.com/pleas...board-message/
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

3. Default

Yes. Its the message that displays after the "stay under roller" prompt. I can load the board and crank it down...just never changes. And I have it moving smoother than it ever has. Very clean and lubed. I have not checked the head pressure. Need to bring my bathroom scale from home tomorrow.
    Bob Campbell
    VIT Jr/Sr High School
    Table Grove, Illinois

4. Default

UPDATE: Its working now. I tried it yesterday and no good. I clean it, adjust corner rods (top and bottom) and lube it and it still does not work. So I post for help. I go to show a co-worker the trouble I'm having and it works. Just my luck.
    Bob Campbell
    VIT Jr/Sr High School
    Table Grove, Illinois

Sounds like the head pressure may be too low and is not compressing the rollers that tell it a board is loaded. It could also be that the compression rollers are stuck in a down position. Move them up and down with your hand near to the keypad side.

Next time call up the pressure rollers in options and sensor data and crank down on a board and watch the status of the switches. Dust builds up in the resting state of the rollers and does not let the switch drop into the released slot. It is thin layers like filo dough. The last picture shows the curved part of the switch arm that fell into the slot telling the machine the roller is released. When dust builds up the roller will drop but not far enough to let the switch fall into the slot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01043_WEB.jpg   DSC01043.JPG   DSC01042.JPG   DSC01040_WEB.jpg  

DSC01044_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 04-03-2019 at 11:01 AM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

7. Default

Can these rollers be lubricated to move better? I compressed them by hand and they moved and I could hear the click of the switches.
    Bob Campbell
    VIT Jr/Sr High School
    Table Grove, Illinois

Do not lubricate the compression rollers. It is usually sawdust or pitch on the very end of the roller that would make it stick. The only thing I would suggest, is maybe a squirt of WD40 to clean off any pitch, but I'm not sure that is necessary and you would want to protect other parts in the machine.

9. Default

Is this options and sensor data you speak of one of the menus on the machine? I don't seem to find it.
    Bob Campbell
    VIT Jr/Sr High School
    Table Grove, Illinois

You can do the compression roller test by going to 0 > 7 and arrowing down to compression rollers. They will show open or closed.
    http://support.carvewright.com/clean...ssion-rollors/
    http://support.carvewright.com/adjus...oller-switchs/
    http://support.carvewright.com/stuck...oller-message/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast