Thread: Completing the pattern

1. Default Completing the pattern

So now that I have all the elements aligned and looking pretty good, how do I put it all together to make a single pattern? It took compiling eleven different elements to make it right but I can't rotate the whole thing as a single pattern. What command does that? I tried selecting all, then merge and group and neither seemed to make it all one entity.

Thanks for your time!

Bill

Bill,

Select all your elements. Place them under a group. Click on group and right click. Option Make pattern should be available then. Let us know if it doesn't work.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by oscarl48 View Post
    Bill,

Select all your elements. Place them under a group. Click on group and right click. Option Make pattern should be available then. Let us know if it doesn't work.
    So, it says that one or more of my patterns is owned by some else. Yesterday Perry Bonin sent me some chain circles and I apparently can't use them. I can't believe my luck! Perry was on the spot with an element and I can't use it. And it's not available in the pattern depot.

Any suggestions?

Bill

4. Default

BELAY MY LAST...

I'm not allowed to use any element in the creation of a pattern. Even though they were paid for on the Carvewright website store. One must be the creator and owner of all the elements in a pattern. Perhaps, I'll learn more about such skills at the conference.

I none the less, thank everyone who came to my aid in this endeavor!

Best,

Bill

Bill,

That is the case. It protects the original pattern maker. But I do encourage you to get into your software and become a creator yourself. It is very satisfying making your own patterns as well as fun.

Quote Originally Posted by WBREASON View Post
    BELAY MY LAST...

I'm not allowed to use any element in the creation of a pattern. Even though they were paid for on the Carvewright website store. One must be the creator and owner of all the elements in a pattern. Perhaps, I'll learn more about such skills at the conference.

I none the less, thank everyone who came to my aid in this endeavor!

Best,

Bill
    Yes you can not use another persons pattern to create/build new patterns. You can though use the pattern for a carving, add it to your own design/patterns.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Bill, I assumed you were going to carve what you had (just a little bit more work to arrange everything). Are you missing any elements or are they not lining up?