Thread: Holes in a Circle

Default Holes in a Circle

I have a project that requires placing a large number of holes in a circle. I would like to use the "drill" tool and the "Pattern Along a Trajectory" tool but with Pattern Along a Trajectory the drill tool does not appear to be available.

I would appreciate "Your" help in accomplishing this task with my CarceWright machine. Thank you in advance.

If the pattern along a trajectory allows you to get the correct placement for your hole lay out use that as a template to place your drill holes. After getting the holes layed out delete the trajectory.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Pattern along a trajectory is for patterns. I don't believe it will allow you to use the drill hole tool, but Floyd's idea will help you like them up.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

That is a great idea, Fred, but I have 70, 80, 90 holes to drill in several rings. It seems this method might take an eternity. I am making a template for registration on my lathe so I can make small calculated rotations to draw lines on a turned bowl thus giving the illusion of a basket. See attached image. The round lines are cut with a beading tool and the cross or vertical lines are drawn using the hole template and burned with a wood burner. Thank you for your response.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	basket bowl.PNG 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	87353

Fantastic design. Another thought would be to do the design in another program and export it out as vectors.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

May be a good solution but I am not astute enough make it happen. I wonder how hard it is to make the drill feature a pattern so it can be placed along a trajectory?

I found a Wood Working Magazine at the VA Book Swap. Was impressed with this new Jig and the Drill Tool for making Cribbage Boards. My thought was that the CW could make a complicated pattern of HOLES as a PLASTIC JIG. Then use the Drill Tool to put the holes in Expensive Firewood... I mean Expensive Professionally Done Cribbage Boards.

THIS Jig could be used to make ONE set of Holes that you index around your Circle. With a PIN in the last set of holes drilled.

http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/cr...ard-templates/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1aCW.png  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 03-26-2019 at 02:55 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com