Thread: Machine just stopped

Default Machine just stopped

Right in the middle of a carve, actually at 60% completion, I raised the cover to stop the carve in order to use another tool on the same electric circuit without jeopardizing my carve. (I've done this on numerous occasions without any problem.) When I close the cover the message to press Enter appears, but when I press Enter nothing happens. The display reads "60%" and the spindle just sits there, no spin-up and no movement. I let it sit for 10 minutes and nothing happened. I raised the cover and left everything as it was to see if anyone knows how to get the machine to continue. This is the third carve since replacing the FFC cable, if that matters.
    Any ideas???

I would check to make sure both switches on the cover are making contact, also I think it is better to use the stop button to interrupt the carve rather than lifting the cover.

I agree stop once... Stop twice you exit the project. At this time I suspect the left switch is not making contact. I would push the clear plastic cover at the left switch toward the flex slot. Could be a loose cover hinge. I had that happen and I put a piece of tape on the clear cover with it up 1/4 of the way and wrap it down the flex slot. When closed it acts like a seat belt and pulls the clear cover to the switch.

If all that does not work it is likely a power spike of the other item you used has "Gliched" the Microprocessor and the Designer Program inside the circuit board in the machine has stopped. In that case a reboot is required. Then you cover the area in Designer and re carve. That part is not my specialty. Never done that. I am more a hardware guy.

Don't forget to ask on the Facebook Page too. Someone else might have an idea.

Good Luck,

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 03-22-2019 at 06:32 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thank you for your help. I tried your suggestion, but it didn't work. However, there was a slight movement on the y axis and the machine reset itself. I went back to the computer to reload the project. I ran the x, y, z and cut motor tests and everything seemed to work as intended, but when I tried to carve my project the cut motor wouldn't start. I'll be happy to try any suggestions you might have, but in the meantime I'm going to the forum to see if anyone else has had the cut motor stop.

Thank you for the suggestion. The switches were working, but there is another problem I haven't identified yet.

If you have verified that you have continuity through the cut motor switch (switch on the bit plate side of the machine) I would remove the bottom cover of the machine and check the X termination board for any burnt/charred components. http://support.carvewright.com/remov...ination-board/

As others have stated the proper way to pause/stop the machine in mid carve is the stop button. The raising of the clear cover is more of an emergency stop method. The stop button tells the computer you want to pause operation while the clear cover method the computer need to recognize that something has happened and then goes into emergency stop operations to shut down all process. You also stand the chance of arcing the switch as it is a 110 volt circuit.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thank you. I'll check it in the morning.