Thread: Victorian-Style Frame?

Default Victorian-Style Frame?

Hi, I have a friend that has a piece of drywall from an old house that has her daughter's hand prints on it in paint. She obviously wanted to keep it bad enough to cut it out of the wall when she moved........she asked me if I could do a Victorian-style frame for it (either in a box that would be posted on a wall or a simple frame that she'd get glass for...whatever).

Are there any such frames that you guys would be willing to share? I checked and I found some with links that no longer work, another great one that was just pictures of someone's work that they didn't want to share the file for (which I can understand). Just thought I'd ask if anyone had something like this that they wouldn't mind someone else using.

Thanks!

-Don

Don,

The Designer software can make pretty decent Victorian frames using the basic patterns that came with the software.

Its a great exercise to add the different elements into a beautiful composition using the different clip carving and merge style settings. You can separate the elements through differing heights or curves. All the elements are there to come close to any frame you are looking for.

Just take your time and use snap to grid for precision and use mirror to reduce compositing time.

Here is an example using only the basic patterns and tools in Designer. Its just learning how to use the software you already own.

Let us know if you get stuck with any part.

Oscar

PostScript: Added a simpler variation that follows roughly a Victorian oval frame I found on the web.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW Victorian style frame3.png   CW Victorian style frame.png   CW Victorian style frame2.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by oscarl48; 03-21-2019 at 09:19 PM.

Thanks, oscarl48 - but unfortunately I don't have the upgraded software yet needed to open those files. I plan to upgrade soon-ish, but right now after buying the Carvewright, a drum sander and a full Incra LS Super System I'm a little tapped out. I'll take your advice and will try to work with what I have though.

-Don

Don,

The software allowed me to make them into patterns but it did not save the cutout sections.

You can use both a carve region as well as a cut path selection on the square or oval as needed.

Once you make one you'll see how easy it is to make some cool projects. Learning how to use merge and clip carvings really makes the software useful.

Oscar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails victorian style frame2.png   victorian style frame3.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

You might try Pinterest, search "grayscale" click once on picture for more of the same type, click again for source. Also ebay, search stl, 3d, cnc. Good luck.
    thanks so much!
    karl

And... I do buy things from... https://www.aliexpress.com/item/mirr...30453c00pR6HRa may require more software.
    thanks so much!
    karl