I'm going to admit I've not used my machine in near 4 years so I'm very rusty but here's what I'm trying to do and whats happening.

I'm trying to do what seems to be the most simple letter cutout humanly possible.

So I've written my text on my board which is 3/4" thick. I choose outline on the text screen after writing my text. I want it to be a cutout so I say I want to cut it at 3/4" using a max pass depth of .25 inches to be safe and I'm using a 1/16th inch straight cut bit for the carving.

So during the upload it's saying that it's to deep of a cut.

So ok I lowered the cut depth to .70 depth to leave a little and I'll just cut it out the rest of the way post carve a little bit of a pain but ok. Still no go says it's to deep of a carve.

So less and less deep I go until I find it will allow me to carve at .25" of my 3/4" board.

So am I correct that I cant cutout or even come within half of cutting out the text I want?
I dont remember it being this way in the past I have to be doing something wrong something very simple surly I can change to make this work. I really dont want to carve away the entire board leaving just the text I am going to use that seems insanely wastefull of my bit and machine time just to get it to give me the the left over text letters I want there has to be a way to make this work.

Much appreciated if anyone can help I've searched 20 different ways on what I'm doing wrong nearly everything comes up with the centerline text which is not what I'm looking for.

Thanks.