Thread: Carving confusion.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Carving confusion.

Just recently, a woman texted me with a hand drawn design of a sign, she desired, with the names of her two newest grandchildren, and the year of their birth (this year). I designed up what she had, in Designer, and set myself to carving it out, this morning. The project called for two bits (the 1/16" carving bit, and the 90 degree bit). The 1/16" carving bit was the first, which was called for, and there was no issue with it. However, there WAS an issue with the 90 degree bit. After installing it, the machine went through its process of honing it in, and an error message popped up. I don't remember its exact message, but it had to do with the bit depth not matching. I was given the option of retrying, or continuing on with it. I hit retry, a couple of times, but the response was the same. After that, I chose to continue. I knew that dissatisfaction was going to be the case, but I wanted to see just WHAT the situation was going to be. It turned out that this bit produced very shallow carvings. So shallow, in fact, that some of the lettering was missing. I ran the entire carving process through, again. This time, however, I knew of no other action but to limit the depth of the bit's insertion into the bit holder's socket. It turned out that I did get the project carved out, but with a bit deeper carve than I had desired (shouldn't have reduced the depth as much as I did).

I have no clue as to why that error message surfaced, but it must be something that 'I' did wrong. I have attached the MPC, in hopes that something about it may be telling.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan