Thread: Sticking card.

Default Sticking card.

My Carvewright 'C' machine had sat unused in my shop, but covered, for the past couple of years - due to other woodworking involvements. I wonder if that period of inactivity had anything to do with the fact of my card becoming stuck in the machine's card slot. Now, in order to remove the card from said slot, I have to kinda battle with it by rocking the card, as best I can, while pulling on it. Hopefully, someone can suggest a fix for this.

Also, I have just been searching for the user manual, to download, but haven't been successful in locating it.
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

Nathan,

Take a 6" piece of packing tape. Stick about 1" of it on one side of the card. Fold it so that about 1" is available to stick on the other side. You now have a 2" tab to pull out the card.

Dian, I'd have never thought of that work-a-round. But I will certainly employ it. Thanks, heaps.
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

Great work Diane, I learned about that here, years back, and all my cards have a pull tab, mine being heavy electrical tape. The reason I started to use this idea was the fact that you may do damage to the card, squeezing it to hard upon removal. Thought tape is cheap, so why not give it a try. Not sure if all is in fact true, but why risk it. All my cards to in a out great a still work without issues, so I'm sticking with it.

Mugs,

I am pretty sure I got the idea from AL, who has made most of our mistakes so we don't have to. And is there to help when we do it anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by DianMayfield View Post
    Mugs,

I am pretty sure I got the idea from AL, who has made most of our mistakes so we don't have to. And is there to help when we do it anyway!
    I know it was Al that gave up this little helper and some good reasons to use the method, all which seemed to have merit, and the other is why not it is cheap and doesn't cause issues. Why take the chance?

Yep... That's Me.... I think it was ASK BUD who turned me on to the Tape on the Card. RIP ASK BUD.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com