Thread: Help with pattern cut, please.

Default Help with pattern cut, please.

I have the 'C' machine, and have been requested to carve some hearts on a sign. I've downloaded a clipart heart, and imported it into the designer software. When I place that heart pattern on the virtual wood board I get that recessed area surrounding the heart. But what I wish to do is to be able to carve that heart pretty much the same way that text is carved (no carve region). It would mean SO MUCH to me if someone could instruct me on how to go about achieving this - providing that it CAN be done.

Advanced thanks.
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

You need to remove the background in the image. One way is to use the lowering button in the import window when you are bringing the image into designer. The other way is to use a photo/image editing program to erase/remove the back ground and then save the image as a PNG format. The PNG will maintain the non background when you import the image into Designer.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

FWharris, I thank you so much. I HAD tried working with it in photoshop CS6, but had saved my efforts as a JPEG. I'll very back to it and, THIS time, will save as PNG. Again, THANKS.
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

Fwharris,

I recently followed one of the suggestions that you had offered, and it worked without a hitch. I used the 2nd manner that you had given, and saved the outcome as a PNG file. However, shortly after completing that, I sat down to watch some Carvewright youtube videos and, in one of them, the instructor just happened to address background removal, of a pattern, from within the Carvewright Designer program, itself. You had mentioned this and, now, I was able to see just how easy it was to achieve that same aim. Much appreciation.

Right now, though, I am kicking myself for making a very foolish mistake. I cranked the head of my carver a bit too high, and now it won't lower. It just clicks when I attempt a lowering of same. I feared that I'd have to search for the nearest Carvewright repair center, to me, to take/send my mechanical friend to. But, after doing a bit of researching, have found that there IS something that the user could do to correct the issue. Gonna look for the manual to download, as I understand that page 55 of it is supposed to outline the procedure for dealing with my current issue.
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

Nathan,

There is a hole in the threaded rod on the right hand side (non-keyboard) near the bottom. You can stick an allen wrench or thick pin in there to turn the rod.

Quote Originally Posted by DianMayfield View Post
    Nathan,

There is a hole in the threaded rod on the right hand side (non-keyboard) near the bottom. You can stick an allen wrench or thick pin in there to turn the rod.
    Wow!! You mean to tell me that's all it would take? What a very heavy sigh of relief can now make ��. I had thought, for sure, that this situation would translate into time, and a hefty cost to square this matter. My thanks to you is as great as my, afore mentioned, sigh of relief.
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

I would recommend you ask the forum for help in this and all issue before sending your friend off to the doctor. Most issues with these machines can and has been done by the folks here in the forum. Most are willing to share their times with the machine good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugsowner View Post
    I would recommend you ask the forum for help in this and all issue before sending your friend off to the doctor. Most issues with these machines can and has been done by the folks here in the forum. Most are willing to share their times with the machine good or bad.
    Your advice is exceedingly good to know. Thanks for sharing that.
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by NLAlston View Post
    Fwharris,

I recently followed one of the suggestions that you had offered, and it worked without a hitch. I used the 2nd manner that you had given, and saved the outcome as a PNG file. However, shortly after completing that, I sat down to watch some Carvewright youtube videos and, in one of them, the instructor just happened to address background removal, of a pattern, from within the Carvewright Designer program, itself. You had mentioned this and, now, I was able to see just how easy it was to achieve that same aim. Much appreciation.

Right now, though, I am kicking myself for making a very foolish mistake. I cranked the head of my carver a bit too high, and now it won't lower. It just clicks when I attempt a lowering of same. I feared that I'd have to search for the nearest Carvewright repair center, to me, to take/send my mechanical friend to. But, after doing a bit of researching, have found that there IS something that the user could do to correct the issue. Gonna look for the manual to download, as I understand that page 55 of it is supposed to outline the procedure for dealing with my current issue.
    I am glad to hear that I was able to get you pointed in the right direction. If it is the video I am thinking of, Joe just made it not to long ago and did a great job of explaining how images work in Designer.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.