Thread: Help with cut path

Default Help with cut path

I am doing a pierced carving of a pattern and want to clean up the edges after it has completed the carve part. When I setup the cut path, how should I set the offset from the original carving. Should I tell it to flip the cutout or leave it as is? Also, I have setup some manual tabs and do not want to loose them. Should I use hot glue to hold down my carve to my waste board so as not to worry about the tabs? Basically, I am wanting to reduce the cleanup time on the edges of the carved project that the carving bit leaves. For some reason, I find it hard to get all of the marks out and still keep the project looking good. I figured a cut path could help remove most of these marks.

I am attaching the project I am wanting to use this on but it will also be for future projects as I like using the pierced carving over trying to cut path through the entire thickness of the wood after the carve is completed.

I hope I explained this properly.

Thanks,

Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cutout.JPG  

The cut path tool will over ride (cut through) any manual tabs that are placed. You can give the hot glue a try at your own risk. I use diamond tipped burr tools for a lot of my edge clean ups.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails burr bits.jpg  
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

In other words pierced and cut out are mutually - you can do on or the other , but not both.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com