Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Board sensor problem

Lets try to unplug the sensor on the top. See my picture. Do this with the power unplugged and having to remove the top cover to get to it. It should go to Zero. IF not... something with your controller or card.

When you place that order... To save on Shipping if you can order some cut motor brushes and at least 2 FFC or FSC Cable... the flat ribbon cable. I did a order the other day and forgot to order some flex lube...

SO I would order a board sensor AND the 4 wire board sensor cable. IT will aid you in troubleshooting. You can plug the extra cable in the top jack then plug in the OLD sensor and test it up top... that will half split the troubleshooting... AS this problem COULD be caused by a PINCHED 4 wire cable. The cable is known to slide down the SHARP edge and pinch and cut into the insulation as seen in the picture... 4 wired. Ground and 5 volts power. The other 2 are Ground and the Signal from the board sensor. The 5 volts could be shorted to the SIGNAL wire. OR board sensor is bad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC08500_WEB.jpg   DSC08505_WEB.jpg   DSC08503_WEB.jpg   DSC08496_WEB.jpg  

DSC08507_WEB.jpg   DSC08502_WEB.jpg   DSC08492_WEB.jpg   DSC08510_WEB.jpg  

Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

2. Default

Just came across the shop lighting/sensor problem. (I think) it was my problem. Using the UCB and when the sensor was measuring the length it kept stopping same place "clear sensor". Frustrated, finally watched closely and saw it seemed to be stopping right on the shadow from my very bright overhead LED floodlights. Casting a very abrupt and high contrasting shade/light on a piece of pine right where sensor kept stopping. Turned machine 90 degrees. Kashamm! No problem?!

Quote Originally Posted by stoneandtimber View Post
    Just came across the shop lighting/sensor problem. (I think) it was my problem. Using the UCB and when the sensor was measuring the length it kept stopping same place "clear sensor". Frustrated, finally watched closely and saw it seemed to be stopping right on the shadow from my very bright overhead LED floodlights. Casting a very abrupt and high contrasting shade/light on a piece of pine right where sensor kept stopping. Turned machine 90 degrees. Kashamm! No problem?!
    Very Interesting !!!!! Also when measuring the BOARD LENGTH the machine watches when the board comes out from the rubber roller and then expects the board sensor to activate shortly. SO if you flood the area with LED Light it may be seen by the sensor and result in a MEASURING ERROR OR give you a Clear Sensor.

What is a UCB? O' Use Center of Board...

I use Place on END and leave my source board long. Center measures the board TWICE... More wear and tear... Plus it takes longer to setup for a carve.
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 02-22-2019 at 10:16 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Very Interesting !!!!! Also when measuring the BOARD LENGTH the machine watches when the board comes out from the rubber roller and then expects the board sensor to activate shortly. SO if you flood the area with LED Light it may be seen by the sensor and result in a MEASURING ERROR OR give you a Clear Sensor.

What is a UCB? O' Use Center of Board...

I use Place on END and leave my source board long. Center measures the board TWICE... More wear and tear... Plus it takes longer to setup for a carve.
    UCB is the Universal Carrier Base that Dan designed.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12