Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Board sensor problem

Default Board sensor problem

I get a constant message to clear the board sensor. Testing the sensor shows a reading of 154 when over a board. It does not drop to zero when moved off the board. It is a constant 154 to 157. What is my problem?

I am not sure I have heard about this type of error before. What kind of reading do you get if you put a black piece of paper on the board or raise the head up off of the board?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I tried this and it reads 155 all the way across. I did with paper and without and down against the board and up off of the board.

Doesn't it use infrared sensors? Is there something causing interference with the sensor causing a high reading?

Would short in the wiring to the sensor give that type of constant reading or go the other way to a low one?
    Rick H

Have you checked the sensor for any dust or whatever could be on or in the sensor. You could look with a mirror to see without removing the sensor.

It could be that it has shorted out, if it is old. Don't usually see the sensor reading maxed out. Make sure you "floss" the cable and make sure it isn't pinched somewhere.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Do you have LED Lighting in your shop over the machine or inside machine lighting. The board sensor transmits IR light like your remote control through 2 LED's. Between them is a detector that picks up reflective light off the board. When the sensor goes off the edge of the board the reflection stops and that is how the machine knows where the edge of the board is. MY CCTV Video Camera has 6 LED's and causes the SAME PROBLEM... I turn on the Camera after the machine is running again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC09541_WEB.jpg   DSC09540_WEB.jpg   BS3.jpg   BS1.jpg  

Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 02-21-2019 at 12:09 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Tried again with all light in the shop turned off and got the same results. I guess I'll just have to buy a new sensor.

Try removing the screws so that you can move the wires and see if the reading will change. Also insure it is plugged in good to the card on the back of the truck. Do not rule out a short in the wires and maybe a bad FFC cable.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast