Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Software Version

Thanks, just checked and it was still enabled.

Also increase the rendering cache size.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I can not but wonder what, if any, issues or enhancements are being considered or are being worked on. I do not experience many of the issues that have been listed except for STL importing. Both of the computers I am using have large memory banks and that may be one reason. I am using the software on a PC, one with Windows 10 and the other Windows 7. I do get crashes on the Windows 10 PC, especially when I try to copy large patterns (lots of small connected lines) from an existing design to a new design. Lets hope that some of the issues do get resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyT View Post
    I can not but wonder what, if any, issues or enhancements are being considered or are being worked on. I do not experience many of the issues that have been listed except for STL importing. Both of the computers I am using have large memory banks and that may be one reason. I am using the software on a PC, one with Windows 10 and the other Windows 7. I do get crashes on the Windows 10 PC, especially when I try to copy large patterns (lots of small connected lines) from an existing design to a new design. Lets hope that some of the issues do get resolved.
    call me will send a private message with my phone number
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyT View Post
    Things that should help,

Increase your rendering cache size in the preference settings.

Disable file preview under the help tab.

Try to minimize the number of pattern you keep in your pattern library.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Floyd: all your suggestions were implemented a long time ago when I first started with the CW. Like I stated, the problem only occurs when I am doing something bizarre so I don't really feel it is an issue. i have found ways around the issue. I would just like to see the capability of the software mirror the capability of the CW machine. There are so many STL files available for purchase that can not be carved without a reduction in quality. I do this for fun, not for profit. Most of my effort has been to support charities and friends.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12