Thread: Carve Malfunction

Default Carve Malfunction

I have had problems with my machine on the first pass of a carve. I am attaching a photo and need help with the solution.
    I am running the latest version of the software. Basically on the first pass it goes too far and wont center on the board. It asks to center on board an I tell it yes, then it puts it at the top. Temp 72 degrees Suggestions welcome.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0770 (1).jpg  
    Old Trainers never die, The tape just doesn't sitck anymore!

Try reformatting the card and check the FFC cable. That may not be the problem but at least you can eliminate the possibility.

This is a classic Y Gearbox Failure. Your two 685ZZ Bearings in the Gearbox have gone bad. Could be your shaft on the Gearbox shaft has worn. Lets the big gear lean toward the center of the machine and the servo motor skips a few teeth. Then continues to cut but now in a new position.

The fix.. two 685ZZ Bearings. Or if you have the new gearbox it has a bigger unknown size bearing in the front.

If the shaft is worn thin then it will need to be replaced or the gear will still tilt.

Tim sells the replacement shafts. Or you can buy the Y Motor Gearbox from LHR for $110.00 each. I just bought 2 yesterday for a project.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00488_WEB.jpg   DSC00486_WEB.jpg   DSC09644_WEB.jpg   DSC09643_WEB.jpg  

Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 02-14-2019 at 11:12 AM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

If you are in need of the bearings, I have them for 75 cents each plus shipping.There has been a suggestion of removing the inner seals and adding extra grease, but I have not tried that as of yet. The bearing I have are 685 2rs not the 685 zz. The bearings I have got rubber seals in them not just dust seals as the zz prefix designates.

My Machine just started doing the same thing. I did all the steps Nick suggested, couldn't find anything wrong. After putting the machine back together. I get a please close door message. Have not been able to find the problem. Will call Monday to talk to Nick.Tried new cable and micro switch, which was not the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    My Machine just started doing the same thing. I did all the steps Nick suggested, couldn't find anything wrong. After putting the machine back together. I get a please close door message. Have not been able to find the problem. Will call Monday to talk to Nick.Tried new cable and micro switch, which was not the problem.
    Make surethat the white wire will be oriented toward the non-keypad side of the machine for the wire harness from the cover.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

The close door message is telling you the right side micro switch is not closed or there is something wrong in the wiring to the motor. A cheap meter would be helpful here. You could use the ohm meter to check the switch and a voltage meter to see where the power is. One other way to check things is to jump the two wires running to the switch together and see what the machine does, remember that you have a safety jumped out and to stay away from the spindle while try it machine out just in case the motor tries to run. This most likely will not happen, but that is what the switch is for. If the message goes away then the switch is bad or the pin of the switch is not being depressed enough to make the switch close, there is a tab on the cover that pushes the pin. After testing remove the jumper from the wires and wire them in as it was originally.

Problem was the Ribbon Cable not fully inserted in the "Y" motor.

Was the board sensor over an uncarved area when you started the second pass? When I do 2 pass carves I don't power down or remove the board between passes. The machine remembers the measurements and just asks you all the questions so no measuring.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mugsowner View Post
    The close door message is telling you the right side micro switch is not closed or there is something wrong in the wiring to the motor.
    Close Cover message is the LEFT switch (Controller Cut-Off Switch).
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!