Thread: Z-Axis and Y-Axis errors

Default Z-Axis and Y-Axis errors

Since mid December, I have been getting both Z and Y axis errors. I did a couple license plate size signs for a customer and, well the first one came out properly. The second came out offset, See pic # 1. I got a Z-Axis error but did not record the error number. I redid the sign and it carved properly. When I went to carve another sign, the 1/16" bit carved properly but when it completed and it was supposed to be a a change bit place, it gave me a " Z-Axis Stall, Err E06-0314. See pic # 2 for the carve. The Cut motor went to the back side instead of the middle for the bit change. I changed the pattern to do a full Raster carve and ran it. It almost came out OK except at the very beginning, it jumped just a tad, see pic's 3 & 3-1.The rest came out OK except for my mistake in leaving the letter to high and getting chip out. This time it also gave me the following error: Y-Axis Stall, Err 05-0324

I ran the X, Y, Z & Cut Motor Tests, option 0, option 8, and have inserted the pics of the results. Am unable to find anyplace that tells me what the results should be. If anyone can help me in tryint to get this resolved, I would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   3-1.jpg  

X.jpg   Y .jpg   Z .jpg  

My first guess would be that your Y belt is slipping. Check the Y belt and its tension.

For the operator the axis test number do not tell us much, maybe the CW techs. We just look for does the test run without any errors and is there any out of normal movement or sounds.

As Dan suggested check your Y belt and also look at any play in the Y gear box bearings.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.