Thread: lithopane picture frame question

Default lithopane picture frame question

Hi was wondering if anyone could help. I was trying to make a frame for the lithopane. I have made the basic frame but how do i size the inner opening to fit the 4x6 carve. I was trying to place a recess of 1/4 inch on back side so it will sit inside the frame opening but not covering the carve. I have designed the rest of the light box for what i want to do but this part has me stumped any assistance or tutoring would be most appreciated. My idea is to see the carving sitting in the frame and i would resize it to what ever size carving i wish to do.

See if this helps you for setting it up. This is not set for a 4x6. Basically you draw a rectangle on the back side that is larger than the frame opening and sized based on the type of bit used. This one I used the 3/16" straight bit.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

If you don't want a custom front on your box this is how I do most of mine. http://s881.photobucket.com/user/Car...r%20Lithopanes
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Default frame

is this what you were saying. Front normal frame but back has a routed edge around frame to insert the 4x6 carve into
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by mfitz55 View Post
    is this what you were saying. Front normal frame but back has a routed edge around frame to insert the 4x6 carve into
    No, the routed part on the back side should be on the inside opening of the frame not the outside of the frame.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.