Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Z Truck Roller Bearings Tighting!!

Wink Z Truck Roller Bearings Tighting!!

I'm having alot of trouble trying to get the roller bearings on the Z Truck to tighten!!
    I'm using the Rock Chuck, so does having that little washer on the bottom roller bearing really matter??

Out of the 8 machine screws that I ordered from CW.....I've already broken 5!
    If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please let me know!!

I've watched the video on CW on installing the carvetight.....& it doesn't seem to help!!

Please email me with any ideas!!!!
    Email: mannwranglers@hotmail.com

The washer is VERY inportant.... Without it, the tapered head of the screw will wedge and snap the metal casting.... Later castings were heavier in that location....

Here is my Trick for tightening the cam bearing...

Paint the flat closest to the screw hole with nail polish. This is the flat that needs to be facing out when the bearing is at top dead center and closed tight on to the rails.

Place your wrench on the nut with the painted flat facing out. Tighten the screw to a snug fit and check movement up and down...

Now hold the screw with the screw driver and un do the wrench 1/8 of a turn. Snug the screw 1/8 of a turn.

Now holding the screw, tighten the wrench 1/8 of a turn. This should do it.... TOO tight and you snap off the screw.... Too Loose and the screw will turn the cam bearing.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

We replaced our screws with allan head bolts and haven't had any problem with them at all.
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

I've replaced all eight roller bearings, but the ones on the front of the Z-truck seem to have too much slack. Any suggestions, out there?

Are they the adjustable bearings, right side of the Z truck? You might not have them loaded/tightened correctly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bearing load.PNG  
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by mannwranglers View Post
    I'm having alot of trouble trying to get the roller bearings on the Z Truck to tighten!!
    I'm using the Rock Chuck, so does having that little washer on the bottom roller bearing really matter??

Out of the 8 machine screws that I ordered from CW.....I've already broken 5!
    If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please let me know!!

I've watched the video on CW on installing the carvetight.....& it doesn't seem to help!!

Please email me with any ideas!!!!
    Email: mannwranglers@hotmail.com
    Did anyone ever answer your question? We're having this issue, now.

RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thank you so much. We'll try these and let you know. Thanks, again.

Okay. We got them done. Thank you. Now, if you have any suggestions for our next issue, it would be greatly appreciated. We have two of these machines. We've replaced the bearings in both of them. The first one, which we did last month, is now giving a Z-Axis stall message. We haven't tried out the one you helped us with tonight, yet. We'll try that one out, hopefully, tomorrow. Nonetheless, is there anything we may be missing that's causing that Z-Axis stall message on that first one?

Being you replaced bearing on both, is there a chance you may have the bearing to tight on the z axis on this one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast