Thread: Unable to access Menu choice 0 - Options

Default Unable to access Menu choice 0 - Options

Hi, everybody!

I have just installed a new "brain" in one of my machines (old model A, still equipped with QC) and wanted to recalibrate it, before I even start with any project.

I can measure the board and got difference of around 0.05" on a 30" board. Not much, but anyway... I wanted to re-calibrate. Strange enough - I cannot even get into the Options menu. I press 0, but nothing happens.

What is the cause? ...and the remedy?

Br /ZJ
    Located at a nice spot in Europe...
    Current machines:
    • model A, QC, firmware 1.188, sandpaper belts, "brainless"
    • model A, Carvetight, rubber belts, A907, illuminated display from soigeneris (Jeff Birt)
    • 2 x model C, Carvetight, still in box

Software: Designer 3.106, Designer 1.188, Centerline, Conforming vectors, STL importer, Scanning probe, Blender (to create depth maps )

And you are at the main menu? Try pressing stop a couple of times. WAG!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thanks, Floyd for the quick answer!

Pressing STOP did not help at all... but pressing buttons at random made med realize that I do not have any response at keys 3 and 6 as well...
    Ouch! Did I accidentally smoke the keyboard when smoking the computer?
    Current machines:
    • model A, Carvetight, rubber belts, A907, illuminated display from soigeneris (Jeff Birt)

Software: Designer 3.106, Designer 1.188, Centerline, Conforming vectors, STL importer, Scanning probe, Blender (to create depth maps )

Can you half split your troubleshooting by putting the bad machine computer in your good machine. See if the keypad stops working on the good machine.

A Ripped Keypad Cable is usually the reason for the keypad to stop working.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Default Will try

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Can you half split your troubleshooting by putting the bad machine computer in your good machine. See if the keypad stops working on the good machine.

A Ripped Keypad Cable is usually the reason for the keypad to stop working.
    Thanks, Al for the suggestion. Will do it... soon...
    Current machines:

As soon as I got home from work I went into the "compucarve room" in the basement. I inspected the connection between the flat cable and the keyboard, before realizing that I actually never had this part of the machine opened before. So I thought the problem might be elsewhere. I did then some (very) gentle pushing and pulling and twisting of the cable in the black connector that inserts into the "brain" and the problem went away at once. Probably my very own fault with my big fingers in the first place (when I mounted the new computer.)

The problem was most probably the connection between the flat cable and the black connector.

THANKS Al and Floyd!!!
    Current machines:

Good Job. Having 2 machines will be a blessing in the future for hard problems...
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com