Thread: y axis stall e05-0303

Default y axis stall e05-0303

While finishing my last project I received the y axis error, now it is firmly up against the keypad. I had the brushes and bearings replaced about year and half ago and only have used the machine less than 50 hours.anyone's input would be appreciated

You can try re-adjusting the Y-belt first (loosen the adjustment screw, then re-tighten. The built-in spring adjusts the belt tension automatically when you do this.)

If that fails, clean the rails thoroughly, check that the bearings are rolling freely when the y-truck is slid manually side to side with the power off. If a bearing is seized or intermittent, lay some towels on the traction belt, spray the bejeezus out of the offending bearing with WD-40 until it can turn freely again.

I would say check the Y-motor shaft for wear, but with low hours you mentioned, that’s probably not the problem.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I tried readjusting the y belt that did not help .I can not move the y-truck at all.but sprayed wd-40 on the bearings and will let it sit overnight.thanks for the help. hope it will magically fix itself

Not moving at all as you know is not good. Do you have the 12mm wrench that is needed to adjust the bearing? You can grind one down to get it to the nut. There is most likely a tread locker used on the bearing screws. A pen torch is handy here to heat the bearing retaining screw to a temp that breaks down the tread locker. I see 50 hrs since brushes and bearings, how many machine hours? The Y axis gearbox could have lost a bearing as well. With the belt loose drive gear does the truck move? If not then the Y truck bearing could be the issue. If it moves then the Y axis gearbox is looking to be the culprit. The Y axis gearbox can be rebuilt,but I believe LHR only sells new. The shafts are available through a third party here on the forum. I have the smaller bearings for sale fairly cheap. The newer gearboxes have two bearings of different size. I have not yet gotten the size of the larger bearing so I do not have the larger one for sale only the smaller of the two. Older models have two of the smaller ones that I sell. The shafts are being called Tim shafts as Tim is the guy making and selling these shafts. I have a few of them from him so if needed I could get you his info.

Machine off, disconnect the flex shaft and then try moving the truck before doing anything else

yes I have the wrench but will have to wait until my next day off -working 6 days a week doesnt allow for too much free time.321 machine hours.thanks again for the input fr someone like me that isnt mechanically inclined your a godsend

Before you loosening the Y bearings try taking the Y belt off the tension roller (far right side of the machine) and see if the truck will move.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I'll try that as soon as I can find the time-thanks

All great Answers.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com