Thread: Y axis Stall

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy Y axis Stall

My machine had been in storage for a couple years. I finally have new workshop set up and did a small shell carve a month or so ago. Carved with no issue I started a new carve last night and have a few things happen. It started the carve and went about 1 inch into the carve and stopped it gave me a E05-0314 error code i tested cut motor would not turn sat for a while and then started when i tried it again. I reset the carve and it started then stopped again and this time gave me a E06-0314 error code and now the cut motor will not run i have not tried it today.

The only different is i added the sawdust extractor and changed the cover to a short version cover. I had the latest updates and mods done a couple years ago. Also with the new chuck does the bit slide all the way in so it is shoulder to shoulder or is there a space between check and bit neck
    Any wisdom anyone can share for me please

Have you checked the cut motor brushes?

took out the close switch on side opposite the keyboard put a jumper in and running now. will order a new switch thanks

When you installed the new dust collection attachment did you make sure there is enough clearance between the cover and attachment so that the cover does not come in contact with the attachment? If the cover makes contact with the attachment it can prevent the cover tabs from making contact with the close cover and cut motor switches.

How cold is your shop? To cold and the machine mechanical systems will be sluggish.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

As for the 0314 Error... Sometimes it is because when you did bit checks after installing a 1/8 inch cutting bit the cut motor was still spinning when the head went down near the keyboard. When still spinning it will drill a hole through the plastic holder for the Brass Roller. As motors age they get LOOSE and take longer to coast to a STOP. If still spinning they drill the brass roller plate. I have to open my clear cover as the head is moving toward the keypad and wait until the motor stops spinning then hit Enter. You could hit STOP Once TOO.

As far as the hole... A little Epoxy to fill it.. Or a slice of Credit Card over the hole. NO Metal as you dull your bits.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com